In less than two weeks, we will be finding out the gender of Baby Roche and I could not be more excited! We are going to reveal the gender to our families on Christmas Eve and then I will post it on the blog after that. A nice Christmas surprise for you all to look forward to :)
I have been looking up all the old wives tales, simply because I am curious and I think that they are fun to do. So I have compiled a list of all the clues I can give you about Baby Roche's gender thus far. Plus, some insight from my own mother's intuition :) After reading, please take a moment to place your vote for baby's gender in the poll on the right!
Morning Sickness: GIRL - It is said that if you have morning sickness then you will have a girl and if you do not experience morning sickness then you will have a boy. Well, I was nauseated 24/7 for 6 weeks. I never threw up, but Lord was I nauseated.
Chinese Calendar: GIRL (American Calendar) BOY (Chinese Calendar) - So there are two different versions of this Chinese gender predictor calendar, hence my two different answers. When doing this prediction, you have to enter the age the mom was when the baby was conceived and the month that the baby was conceived. Well, the websites that calculate this according to our American calendar tell me that it's a girl. However, the websites that use the Chinese lunar calendar to calculate this tell me its a boy. I'll let you be the judge on which one is correct.
Cravings: BOY - Craving sweets? It's a girl. Craving salty or sour foods? It's a boy. Well, I have been all about the salty and sour for my entire pregnancy. Anything sweet makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Sleeping: GIRL - Women pregnant with girls tend to sleep on their right side more often and women pregnant with boys tend to sleep on their left side. When I fall asleep, I'm on the right, but when I wake up I'm usually on the left. I guess I feel the most comfortable majority of the time on my right side, so I'll say that's my answer.
Headaches: BOY - Experiencing headaches apparently is a sign of a boy; whereas, no headaches means it's a girl. I guess the girls feel bad about making you feel nauseated so they keep the headaches away...too bad I had both.
Skin: BOY - Dry skin means a boy and soft skin means a girl. I always have dry skin. Always.
Mood: BOY - If you are usually in a happy mood, then it's a boy. However, if you are moody all the time, then it's a girl. Of course, that much estrogen would make anyone crazy. I'm going to say that I'm feeling happy most of the time for this one. Yes, I was probably pretty moody for the 6 weeks that I was nauseated all the time, but who wouldn't be in that situation. Once the nausea went away, I was in a great mood.
Balance: BOY - Women who are graceful during pregnancy (is there really such a thing as a graceful pregnant woman?) tend to have girls. Women who are clumsy during pregnancy tend to have boys. This one is pretty clear cut for me seeing as how I trip and run into things multiple times a day. Plus, sometimes I feel super off balance, like I'm on a cruise ship.
Baby's Heartbeat: GIRL - If the baby's heartbeat is above 140, it's a girl. If the baby's heartbeat is below 140, it's a boy. Now, the first time we ever heard the heartbeat, it was only 108 but that was so early on (only 6 weeks) that the baby's heartbeat isn't supposed to be more than 110 at that point anyways. Every ultrasound since then, the baby's heartbeat has been around 170.
Wedding Ring Test: BOY - Mommy-to-be lays down flat and dangles her wedding ring on a string above her belly. If the ring swings back and forth like a pendulum, then it's a boy. It the ring swings in a circle, then it's a girl. I thought that this test was kind of freaky. When I did it, it seemed like there was a magnet in my belly or something that would only allow the ring to swing one way. I was holding perfectly still and it kept swinging back and forth. I even tried to force it to swing in a circle and it kept stopping and going to back to the way it was swinging before. Crazy.
Baking Soda Test: BOY - Place a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup and then pee in the cup. I know, it's gross. If the urine remains unchanged, it's a girl. If the urine fizzes up like a carbonated soda, it's a boy.
Belly: BOY - Girls tend to carry higher and more spread out across the hips. Boys tend to carry lower and all out in front. I am currently carrying pretty mid-low, but it is definitely all out in front. If you look at me directly from the front or the back, I don't look pregnant at all. But when I turn to the side, the belly shoots straight out.
Mayan Calendar: BOY - According to the Mayans, you look at the year the baby was conceived and the age the mother was when the baby was conceived. If those two numbers are both even or both odd then it will be a girl. If one of those numbers is even and the other is odd, it will be a boy. Our baby was conceived in 2013 and I was 26 years old. One odd, one even.
Acne: GIRL - I'm not sure how accurate this one is for me, since I started having acne literally the minute I stopped taking my birth control which was almost two years ago. My acne hasn't gotten better or worse since I got pregnant, so who knows if me having acne right now has anything to do with the baby or not. But apparently if you have acne while pregnant, then that means it's a girl. Clear skin means a boy.
Dreams: GIRL - I kept thinking that my dreams meant that I was having a boy, but apparently it's the opposite. They say that whatever gender you dream about, you will have the opposite. That makes no sense to me, but ok. So I have been dreaming non-stop about this baby being a boy, so I guess that means it will really be a girl? We will see.
Mommy's Prediction: BOY - My personal prediction is that Baby Roche is a boy. I have no idea why, it just "feels" like a boy. Mother's intuition I suppose. We will see how accurate my first try at mother's intuition is here.
Daddy's Prediction: GIRL - Jared's prediction is that Baby Roche is a girl. I think he feels like he is always taking care of all the girls in his life, and he does such a good job so God will probably give him another one. Plus, I think he's too afraid to get his hopes up for a boy.
Alright, time to go vote! Check out the poll, "What will Baby Roche be?" on the right side of the blog to cast your vote. Then, check back on Christmas Eve night when we reveal the gender of Baby Roche!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



My guess is boy. Your symptoms sound a lot like mine, but I was told by so many people "I had those symptoms and I had a girl/boy " obviously 50% were right. The ring test has been the most reliable I think, heartbeat the least reliable.
ReplyDeleteBoy!
ReplyDeleteBoy!!
ReplyDelete