Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bumpdate {15 Weeks}

For the first time since probably late August, I can honestly say that I actually feel really good. You might be thinking, "you haven't felt good since August? It's December!" Yes, I know and it's the truth. I started taking my IVF medication at the end of August and it was all downhill from there. First, it was the medication, then the IVF procedures (egg retrieval and embryo transfer) and their recovery that had me feeling crappy for the entire month of September. Immediately after that, I started with the non-stop nausea and a slew of other unpleasant pregnancy symptoms that continued all the way up until about a week ago. Week 15 has finally made me feel like a normal non-miserable person again! It's a Christmas miracle!

Week 15: December 11 - December 17

Week 15 Milestones:

- Baby is the size of an orange this week! Baby is 4 inches long and weighs about 2.5 ounces. My belly is starting to get awfully large for that baby still being so tiny.

- I have gained 8.8 pounds thus far in the pregnancy. A whole lot of belly and some boobs, but I don't seem to have gained weight anywhere else. Yay!

- Feeling so much better now. Finally! And perhaps a little pregnancy glow is finally starting to show?

- Experiencing a new and kinda weird pregnancy symptom this week...nosebleeds. I had no idea that pregnancy caused nosebleeds. Luckily, one of my good friends (who actually had her baby yesterday, yay!) forewarned me about the nosebleeds so I was prepared when this happened.

- Food preferences: Not much has changed in this department. Except that I am recently loving the holiday Hershey's kisses. I have a bowl of them on my counter and I just have to eat one every time I walk by. Something about them being in festive holiday wrapping just makes them that much better. This is kind of a weird craving for me because I don't actually like chocolate that much normally. However, I still hate all other sweets currently, these are the only exception. Everyday I pretty much eat carbs, pickles, carbs, cheese or anything incorporating cheese, carbs, celery or carrots, carbs and some more carbs. Plus, like 4 glasses of milk. I have also been recently obsessed with those Chef Boyardee pasta and meatball things in the can. You know, those things you used to eat as a kid (or at least I did) and I'm sure they are absolutely terrible for you. I don't care, I love them. Oh, and the people who work in my Publix bakery officially know me as the "cinnamon twist lady". No shame here.

- We have an ultrasound on Friday to see the gender of the baby! We are so excited!!!! I already shared all of my results to the different old wives' tales in my last post, so we will have to see how many of them are actually accurate. We will be sharing the gender on Sunday with both of our families in person, so y'all will have to wait until next week's bumpdate to find out. I can't wait to share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment