Tonight, the whole family is going out to dinner in Saint Augustine and then we are riding the Christmas trolley around historic downtown for the Nights of Lights. Each member of our family will be receiving a little Christmas gift from the baby tonight that will reveal it's gender. Don't worry, I'll do a whole post on the reveal after Christmas so you can see how we did it.
So without further adieu, are you ready to know what Baby Roche is? Cue drum-roll please...
Baby Roche is a GIRL!
Are you surprised? I sure was. I really thought it was a boy, but Jared ended up being right. He said he knew all along that it was girl. We are very excited to start planning for her arrival!
I can't wait to meet my little Phi Mu legacy in June :)
I am so excited that we were able to find out the gender at this time. It made for a very special Christmas.
We had a fantastic experience at the ultrasound studio we went to. It was a very cozy and comfortable setting. I watched baby from the actual ultrasound screen while Jared was able to watch and take pictures from the big screen TV next to me. The ultrasound tech showed us a lot of cool views and shared a ton of information that she observed about baby during the 15 minutes of the scan. She even switched over to the 3D view (even though we only paid for the 2D view) so that we could get a good look at baby's face. In the 3D view (pictured above, and yes I realize that she looks like a freaky little alien in 3D...give her a break, she still has 5 months of developing to do), we got to see baby grabbing her feet, grabbing the umbilical cord and sucking her thumb...all with her left hand! I wonder if that means she will be left handed when she comes out? Hopefully, just like her mama :) Also, the tech's measurements showed us that baby seems to have nice long legs. Maybe this little girl will get all of my good qualities after all :) I think she got sick of us poking her because toward the end of the scan she flipped over, put her butt up in the air and covered her face. I loved seeing her move all around, it was a surreal experience.
View of baby from the top looking down.
The money shot! She is showing us the goods and she is 100% baby girl. No question there.

.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment