Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gender Reveal

Jared and I didn't really want to have a gender reveal party or do anything crazy, we simply wanted to celebrate the baby's gender with our families when everyone was altogether. The Sunday before Christmas, our families got together for dinner and a ride on the Christmas train through Saint Augustine. We decided to have the baby give everyone a Christmas stocking with a little gift inside that would reveal it's gender.

Each stocking was filled with a mini-version of everyone's favorite cocktail tied with a pink bow and a little gift tag revealing baby's gender as a girl. I wanted to give everyone something fun that they would actually use. Plus, since we were going on the Christmas train after dinner I figured that everyone would have a free cocktail to bring on the train with them :)

 All the stockings ready to go!

Everyone's gifts from Baby Roche. She knows that we like to party :) 

I got to play Santa and distribute the stockings at dinner. I was most looking forward to giving my grandparents their stockings. I knew we would get the best reactions out of them. I was right. Success. Bubba freaked out and cried when he pulled out those tiny Crown Royal bottles tied with pink ribbons around them. He really wanted it to be a girl.
 
My mom's neighbor is a super gardener and she made two centerpieces for us, one boy-themed and one girl-themed, so we could decorate the table once we announced what the baby was. I loved the girl centerpiece, complete with rose-colored carnations (Phi Mu's flower) for my little legacy.

These grandmas were pretty darn excited about their soon-to-be grand-daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment