Friday, January 18, 2013

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday my loves! Today was a teacher planning day and we have no school on Monday, so I am in an especially good mood today :)


Here is my Top 5 for this week...

1. I was asked to serve as a judge for the Greek Awards at the University of North Florida here in Jacksonville. So for two evenings this week, I interviewed the amazing student leaders of UNF's Greek community in order to choose the Top 10 Greek Men and Women of UNF. This was truly an awesome experience. Listening to these students speak so passionately about their experience in Greek Life reminded me of how fortunate I was to have been able to take part in that same experience. It really made me realize that so much of who I am today is owed to my ongoing experience with Greek Life.


2. Jared and I finally made it back to church on Sunday. We have literally been out of town almost every weekend since August, so we had not been to church since then. Football season, hunting season and the holiday season pretty much run our lives from September to January. It felt great to be back!

3. The 2nd grading period is officially over, which means we are half-way done with this school year!

4. One of my dear friends surprised me on Monday by sending me flowers at work! It seriously made my day. Thanks Heather! Side note: I have had surprise "just because" flowers sent to my classroom twice so far this school year, both times from girl friends. Let's just say I have pretty awesome friends :)


5. Jared made me breakfast for dinner on Tuesday night. Waffles, yum. I felt like I was back in the sorority house, which made my night. Nostalgia. Back in college, Phi Mu would randomly serve breakfast for dinner and I loved it, which is kind of ironic because breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day. However, for some reason eating breakfast foods at dinner time just makes them so much more enjoyable.

Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment