Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ringing in 2013

I hope 2013 is treating everyone well thus far! Since my Seminoles won their bowl game and the Gators lost theirs, everyone is pretty happy around here at the Roche household. Jared and I have started our New Year's Resolutions and everything is going well so far...except for the fact that I had to go back to work. Boo. I guess teachers can't be on vacation forever. What a shame. Even though 2012 was a pretty tough year for us and our families, we sure did have a good time celebrating it coming to an end. Here is a little recap of our New Year's celebrations...


Our friends, Mike and Emily (yes, bachelorette party Emily), hosted a New Year's Eve dinner party at their house this year. A sit-down dinner party, you know, like for real adults. It was pretty nifty. They have this adorable, little house in one of the historic districts of Jacksonville which accommodated our 18-person dinner party. We had to put two tables together to create a giant table that extended beyond the dining room into the living room to seat all 18 of us and we had a blast enjoying our family-style meal together.


After dinner, we popped champagne, posed for some photos, and then headed out to a nearby bar for the midnight countdown celebration.

The handsome fella I got to kiss at midnight...lucky me :) 

Every time we get together, we have to take a Kappa Sigma wives photo. And we have to stand in our specific order...chronologically by wedding date. We're pretty cool. 

There were even festive party favors. My sister-in-law and I like to take awkward photos. 


Counting down to midnight and ringing in the New Year! It was a fabulous way to spend the evening welcoming 2013 with such great company.


On New Year's Day, my Seminoles played in the Orange Bowl and won! Jared and I really wanted to go to the game, but since I had to go back to work the next day, we just couldn't. So we met up with family and friends at Latitude 30 to watch the game. My sister-in-law, Erika, and I go shopping together regularly and always seem to pick out the same stuff...especially when it comes to gameday attire...cute garnet and gold stuff is hard to come by. While neither of us really care that we basically own the same wardrobe, statistically  we are bound to match every now and then. So when we both showed up at the restaurant to watch the game on Tuesday, this is what happened...oops :)


Go Noles and Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment