The 10 of us rented a beautiful house in historic downtown Savannah. It was within walking distance of the bars, restaurants, shops, etc. and surrounded by a neighborhood full of amazing historic homes. It was the perfect option for us so that all 10 of us could stay together the entire weekend. Emily's Maid of Honor, Kristin, used this website HomeAway to find the rental.
Important things you need about my connection to Emily...this will be relevant later in the post. Promise.
1. Emily's fiance, Mike, and my husband were in Kappa Sigma together in college. In fact, I actually was friends with Mike before he even started dating Emily.
2. Mike and my husband are both from the Florida Keys originally. Not the same town, but the Keys are so freakin' small, it's pretty much the same thing.
3. Emily and my sister-in-law, Erika, were sorority sisters in college and Erika is one of her bridesmaids.
So yeah, we've got a little 6 degrees of separation going on here. Greek Life at FSU is quite a small world. Moving on...
Friday night, we arrived in Savannah and just hung out at the house. Kristin, the MOH, cooked us dinner and we played some Bachelorette games.
First, we received our party favors for the weekend. A family friend of mine owns The Embroidery Shoppe and she made these adorable koozies for us! Each girl had her own monogram on one side of her koozie so we could easily figure out who's drink/koozie belonged to who.
Then, we had a little lingerie shower/drinking game. Each of us bought Emily a pair of panties that reminded us of her and she had to try and guess who brought which pair. If she guessed wrong, she had to drink, and if she guessed right then the person who brought them had to drink.
There was one that involved red lipstick...which mostly justified why I never wear red lipstick.
On Saturday, the other girls went to the spa with Emily while Heather and I went to frolic around historic downtown Savannah. #1 highlight of Savannah = no open container law.
Finally, it was time for our night out on the town with the Bachelorette!
Prior to going out, everyone was required to write a message on this chalkboard and take a picture with it. The message was supposed to be something to do with your relationship to Emily.
This is what I wrote...
Yes, I know... inappropriate. I blame the pink champagne that we were drinking while getting ready for my naughty message and my poor grammar. I won't tell you what my grammar error is here, let's see if you can figure it out :) PS - Told you my fun facts earlier in the post would be relevant eventually.
And off we went for our night of fun-filled Bachelorette activities...
Of course there were ring pops and naughty-shaped straws involved...
The Bride with her Bridesmaids
When we arrived home from the bar, everyone had to write another message on the chalkboard. This is what Heather and I wrote...
It's a Kappa Sigma reference. Once again, see fun facts from earlier in the post for relevance. If you know anything about Kappa Sig, you'll understand this. Otherwise, just have a good laugh at our expense because we look pretty stupid and intoxicated.
We had an amazing weekend and I can't wait to come back and visit Savannah again soon!









this looks like it was a fun weekend! I cannot wait for my bachelorette weekend, My MOH and I have been talking about it nonstop every time we are together. Would you be able to email me the games you guys played? We are trying to come up with stuff to play and I love hearing what others have done!!
ReplyDelete