Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Camera

I have always loved taking pictures. I take pictures of everything. If you follow this blog regularly, you know that I take an obscene amount of pictures. In college, my sorority sisters and I lived by the mantra, "if there isn't photographic evidence, then it didn't really happen". As my friend, MaryAnn, would say...I am a "documentor". She loves to take pictures just like me...of everyone, everything and at the most inappropriate times. I'm sure our husbands get sick of us making them pose as we say, "document!!" and take their photo. Everyone in my family and all of my friends depend on me to take pictures where ever we go. They know that I am going to take pictures of everything, edit them and post them on Facebook in a timely manner. What can I say, I just love taking pictures.

Up until now, I have always had a basic point and shoot camera. Nothing fancy, just a small camera that fits in my purse/pocket and takes pretty decent photos (even better than the cameras on the new iPhones). I refuse to substitute my actual camera with the iPhone cameras, the quality is just not the same. Nevermind that though, that is a topic for a completely separate blog post.

Anyways, I am always telling Jared how much I want a "fancy" camera. Not necessarily one with all those crazy detachable lenses and such...I mean I'm not trying to photograph the curvature of the Earth or anything. I have always wanted one of the nice Nikon cameras, and by nice I mean the ones that you actually have to put in a special camera bag, not in your purse. I refer to it as a "legit" camera and he knows exactly what I mean by that.

Well, my moment finally came last week. A package arrived in the mail for me...a surprise from Jared. I was so excited about my fancy new camera! I couldn't wait to start using it.        



My beautiful new camera...Nikon P510 
I'm in love :) 


Desperate to put my new camera to use, I had to find a subject to satisfy my photography itch. Naturally, I chose the two prettiest ladies in my house...our fur babies, Sadie and Lola.


I must say the pups were pretty good sports about posing for me. They'll do anything for some treats :) Maybe next time, I can bribe an actual human into posing for me. I might have to talk my sister-in-law, Erika, into being my next model. Just sayin'. Oh, and we'll have to find a more exciting location than my backyard.






I tried to get the puppies to pose for a picture with the Christmas tree. This was the best I could do with the photography nightmare trifecta...dogs who can't sit still, Christmas tree lights, and reflections on the wood floors. Either way, Lola and Sadie wish everyone a Merry Christmas!


Who wants to be my next photography subject? I promise I'll make you look pretty :)

2 comments:

  1. Of course I will gladly oblige ;)

    the pics of Sadie crack me up. she is so special :) but I love her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh I LOVE IT way to go Jared! And you look so professional taking the pictures too:)Only documentors understand!

    ReplyDelete