Jared hates taking Christmas card photos so he usually tries to convince me to use a picture we already took at some point during the year instead of posing for another photo. Luckily, I have a lot of practice in convincing men to pose for Christmas card photos because of my brother. I always loved posing for Christmas card photos, but my brother hated it. Once we got older, my mom said that we didn't have to do Christmas cards anymore if we didn't want to, which I thought was ludicrous, so I organized it and talked my brother into posing for a picture with me every year anyway. Even though he probably didn't want to, he did it every year for me because he is an awesome brother :) So I've got news for Jared, whether he likes it or not, we will be taking Christmas card photos every year for the rest of our lives. I must give him credit though because I take an unnecessary amount of photos throughout the year and he always poses with me even if he doesn't really want to. He's a good sport.
Two years ago, I wrote a blog post that featured all of the holiday cards I could dig up from my parents' house. Each year around this time, I read it again and thoroughly enjoy looking at the pictures of my brother and I. Check it out: Christmas Through the Years. My favorite Christmas card photo on this post is the one from 1990. The deer that we are posing on used to be in my grandma's front yard and now it is in my mom's backyard. That deer is at least 30 years old by now and one day it will probably be sitting in my yard.
Since Jared and I have started sending out holiday cards together, I always use Costco. You might not expect it, but Costco actually has a professional quality photo department. The best part is that it is so cheap. Every one of our holiday cards shown below came from Costco. This year, I looked into other photo companies but their prices (even with coupons or discount codes) were at least double, if not triple, the price of Costco. I just can't beat the price and the quality of Costco with the other options.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and I can't wait to see all the fun holiday cards that everyone is sending out. To all my friends and family celebrating the first day of Hanukkah today, have a very Happy Hanukkah!
Here are our holiday cards from the past 4 years...
Our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs.
2009
2010
2011
This year's card!
2012
.jpg)






my precious daughter-in-love, I cry reading every blog, every one. Thank you for your writings! xxoo, mommy-in-love
ReplyDelete