Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Doing Dishes

Last week, my local Phi Mu Alumnae Chapter hosted an event at Doing Dishes which is a local pottery painting studio. I painted an ornament shaped plate and it came out really cute. I can't wait to display it somewhere in my house as a Christmas decoration. If you live in Jacksonville, you need to check this place out! Click here to visit their website: Doing Dishes


Doing Dishes reserved a private space in the back of the studio for us to have our event. We brought some wine and snacks and painted the night away!


Doing Dishes offers classes where you can come learn to paint something specific or you can just come in and paint on your own. It's pretty inexpensive and a fun night out with your girlfriends, family, or anyone. Just grab a bottle of wine and come paint some pottery!


1. I picked out a piece of pottery to paint from their selection - an ornament shaped plate.
2. I picked out some Christmas colors, painted a base color and a background design.
3. I painted on a "R" monogram (because I can't make anything without a monogram, of course). 
4. They glazed and fired it for me. Now, it's ready to display!

We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment