Monday, April 1, 2013

Best Eva Birthday

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday. For those of you who are new to the blog, you need to know that my mother-in-law and I do not have one of those typical "in-law" relationships. In fact, last week I spent a few day of my Spring Break just hanging out with her going on fun little adventures. For some of my friends, I know they would rather have a root-canal, then have to spend the day alone with their mother-in-law. Thankfully, I am was lucky enough to be blessed with an awesome mother-in-law who I love spending time with.

So my mother-in-law, Gina, likes to be pretty adventurous. She also refers to every holiday she spends with us as the "best eva"! For example, after returning from our trip to NYC for Christmas this year, she told me that this was the best Christmas ever! However, I'm pretty sure that last year she told us the same thing. I guess we just tend to out-do ourselves every year. So last week, when we spent time together it was the "best Spring Break eva!" and now, here is how she spent her "best birthday eva!".


This past Saturday, we took Gina to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm for her birthday. (Note: her actual birthday is today, but we like to celebrate early in this family) She moved to St. Augustine back in September and had been mentioning how she really wanted to "Zip the Zoo" ever since she moved up here. At the Alligator Farm, you can do this zip lining obstacle course that takes your out above the alligator habitat. This is what she told us she wanted to do for her birthday. Typical for your average 50-something year old, right? Or not...told you she was adventurous.


So off we went to the Alligator Farm on Saturday afternoon. First, we walked around the park checking out the various exhibits.


Then, we went to visit our little gator friends that they would soon be zip lining over. 


Finally, it was time to "Zip the Zoo". Jared, his sister, Erika, and Gina got all geared up and ready to zip. I did not partake in the zip lining, but instead served as the official photographer on the ground. You know me, I have to document everything.


The zip line obstacle course takes you all throughout the park and up above the animal habitats. So as they completed the course, I followed them around from the ground and took pictures.










Please notice how my mother-in-law is always posing for me in the pictures instead of focusing on the fact that she is zip lining over a pit of alligators. I love it :)


The park technically closed before they were finished with the obstacle course, but they let me stay inside since I was taking pictures. I was literally the last person in the park, so while I was waiting for them to finish, I wandered around the park all alone. Just me and the gators. It was super cool.


They all managed to survive zipping the zoo!


And for Gina it was the "best birthday eva!"...that is of course, until next year :)


Happy Birthday Gina!

1 comment:

  1. You know that I love you dearly, and
    that my eyes are all teared up!
    Thank you for all our time we spent together last week.
    It was the best eva!
    Love You! xo

    ReplyDelete