After hunting last Saturday, we had to hurry home and get ready for everyone to come over and watch the ACC Championship game at our house. The game was at 7:45 so we just made some easy snacks for everyone to enjoy during the game since everyone already had dinner. I made some chili con queso dip in the crockpot which is delicious and super easy if you need to whip up a quick, easy dip. Just brown some ground beef and add it to the crockpot with a jar of Tostitos queso and a can of Hormel chili with beans, and its ready to eat. Jared used the quail that we killed earlier that morning to make his speciality: bacon wrapped quail. I was going to post the recipe for this delicious treat on here, but Jared won't give it to me and says that it is a chef's secret. All I know if that is involves chunks of quail stuffed with jalapenos and wrapped in bacon, yum. Since I can't give you the recipe to make it yourself, then you'll just have to come visit us and Jared will make it or you!
We were very excited that our Noles were playing in the ACC Championship since it has been a while since they had the honor of playing in this game. Everyone had a great time watching the game, and Heather and I enjoyed some sweet red wine (our favorite)! Unfortunately, Christian Ponder couldn't play because he had blood drained from his elbow two days prior, so the back-up quarterback had to take his place. The Noles ended up losing the game, but I secretly wasn't too sad. If we would have won the game, we would have played in the Orange Bowl on January 3rd (my first day back to school) so I wouldn't have been able to go to the game. However, if we lost then we would go to the Chick-fil-A Bowl on New Year's Eve and I would be able to go. So even though I always want my Noles to win every game, let's just say I wasn't too upset by this loss. We were pretty excited about our New Year's plans, considering on Sunday morning we already had our hotel room in Atlanta booked and 12 tickets to the Chick-fil-A Bowl on their way to my house.
I can hardly wait for December 31st to arrive so we can road trip it up to Atlanta with the McGuires and ring in the New Year while watching the Seminoles play in the Chick-fil-A Bowl against South Carolina!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment