We had our third and final baby shower this weekend and it was a blast! I absolutely love how all three of our baby showers were so unique from one another and really fun in completely different ways. This final shower was a co-ed cocktail party for our college friends. When my sister-in-law, Erika, volunteered to be in charge of this endeavor, she asked me what I really wanted out of this shower. I told her that I wanted it to be #1 co-ed, #2 have plenty of alcohol (just because I can't drink doesn't mean that everyone else should have to suffer too), #3 no participation required (I didn't want people to feel obligated to participate in activities like playing games or watching me open presents) and #4 for everyone to have a good time. I know that some people aren't really a fan of going to showers (especially boys), which is why we opted for more of a cocktail party vibe than an actual baby shower. Jared and I did the same kind of thing for our wedding shower. We had a big 'ole cocktail party with a party bus, and it was
probably definitely the most intoxicated bridal shower I've ever attended. So when our baby shower this weekend didn't end until 2am with cigars on the patio and girls dancing in my mom's kitchen, I wasn't remotely surprised. I think we successfully had the most intoxicated baby shower ever (I mean everyone in attendance graduated from FSU, what did you expect?) and I'm so glad that everyone had a good time. That's what I truly wanted :)
Thank you so much to our fabulous hostesses for throwing such an awesome shower!
I loved the invitation! It was just so me with the quatrefoil, the colors, and the Vera Bradley pattern.
Jared and I are so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing friends and family during this very special time in our lives. Peyton is really lucky to have a ton of awesome "aunts and uncles".
Thank you to my wonderful mommy and Peyton's "DeeDee" for letting us invade her home for our party.
I did open presents at the request of the girls at the shower, while the boys hung out on the patio smoking cigars.
Peyton and I received so many beautiful gifts which of course included some FSU goodies! I might have the best dressed child on gameday because basically half of her wardrobe is now garnet and gold, which is obviously a must in our household!
Jared's mom passed down her own mother's (Peyton's great-grandmother) pearls for Peyton to have. I absolutely love pearls and I was given my very first set of pearls from my mom when I was initiated into Phi Mu, so I am very excited for Peyton to have her own set. Plus, I just love family heirlooms. What a very special gift for Peyton from her Gramie.
I was thrilled to have my Phi Mu family with me this weekend celebrating our little legacy!
I loved being reunited with my little, grandlittle and great-grandlittle!
Peyton's Gramie and Auntie Erika!
The boys spent the majority of the shower on the back patio with their beer and cigars, and I don't blame them. I'm glad they got to hang out and have their man time together :)
Celebrating our little PBR with some PBR tallboys!
A little thank you gift from me, Jared and Peyton for our shower hostesses! Monogrammed Lilly Pulitzer coolers! I might be going to buy one of these as a birthday present to myself here soon.
Thank you so much to everyone who came out to our shower and celebrated PBR with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment