With less than 8 weeks to go in this pregnancy, I just realized the other day that it might be helpful for me to start thinking about what I am going to need for myself those first few weeks postpartum. I've been so concerned with getting everything ready that Peyton is going to need, that I forgot all about myself. Which got me thinking...what am I actually going to need in order to nurse this baby once I get home from the hospital? Nursing pillow, check. Nursing cover, check. Pump, check. Other than that, nada. I guess I'll just be sitting around here naked nursing this baby. Won't that be awkward for our family and friends who come to visit? I'm so kidding. But seriously, I need help. What the heck am I supposed to wear?
Since my blog readers are obviously the best mommies out there, I would like to ask y'all for some recommendations regarding nursing essentials. There are so many types, styles, and brands out there that I want to know which ones you real moms like the best!
I like feeling overly prepared so I want to go ahead and get some nursing bras, tanks, dresses...aka: whatever I need to be wearing the first few weeks at home. This is where y'all come in. Which ones were your favorites? What brand? What style? Where did you get it from?
Also, if you have any recommendations on creams, lotions, nursing pads, etc. feel free to offer those up as well. Give me all your secret weapons. Please :)
If you are sitting here, reading this and feeling a little afraid for my child because I seem so clueless, don't worry. I'm taking a breastfeeding class next week so a registered medical professional will be teaching me what to do. Peyton is safe.
In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please leave a comment below with any recommendations that you may have for me. Any input will be extremely helpful. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


All my bras are from motherhood I got 4 different styles and I love them all. I stayed away from ones with underwire as I read that can affect your milk supply. Nipple cream for sure esp those first few weeks I don't know if the brand matters but I used madela and it worked great and its safe for baby. As far as clothing I loved button ups as it made feedings so much easier esp in the beginning when you feel like you have a baby on your boob 24/7. Also a lactation consultant is your best friend. I had one come to my house a few weeks after Haylee was born because I was paranoid that I wasn't doing things correctly and she gave me some great tips and also eased my mind. Okay I feel I wrote a novel but as I sit here breastfeeding myself at 3:30 am I thought it was only necessary I comment:) if you have any other questions let me know. Not gonna lie, its super hard in the beginning but it does get easier! Good luck with everything you will do great! LIOB
ReplyDeleteI will be checking back to read other's comments as I am due in May, but I have found that my mommy friends are already the best resources. I've also been listening to a podcast series called "the boob group" that is super interesting and helpful. You can download the episodes onto your phone or ipod.
ReplyDeleteNursing pads! Washable ones! ! The disposal ones weren't all that, but it was 10 yrs ago. Mine had lace on one side and miraculously absorbed everything. The idea is 2 keep u dry but not chapped. Also a cute safety pin 4 u can remember what side u nursed last. Comfortable tops 4 home and couple of nursing tops 4 public. Got faith u will b great! !
ReplyDelete