Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bumpdate {32 Weeks}

Uh, so when did it become half way through April already?! Time is definitely not slowing down and this baby is going to be here before we know it. Ahh. Jared and I went on a little shopping spree this weekend thanks to gift cards and such to get some of those absolute must haves that I wanted before Peyton arrives. All of the nursery furniture is here and things are starting to get organized and fall into place. This is really happening y'all, no turning back now.

Week 32: April 9 - April 15

Week 32 Milestones: 

- Baby is the size of a squash this week! I can tell she is packing on the pounds in there because she feels like she is taking up all of the available space. When she moves, I feel it all across my entire stomach, not just in one little spot. Her movement literally makes me stop what I am doing now and watch. It looks and feels like a three-ring circus is going on in there.

- I have gained 35 pounds thus far in my pregnancy, woah mama! My belly button is still in, yay! However, my rings are now officially off, boo. More about that story later on. I guess 1 out of 2 isn't too bad considering we are about to enter week 33 here.

- I have been experiencing a good amount of Braxton Hicks contractions this week. They happen mostly when I am walking a lot or exercising (which is basically the same thing since all I do for exercise is power-walk). It's just weird because I know they aren't real contractions, but it does make me realize that we are fast approaching the real thing here which is so crazy.

- This excessive swelling is no fun y'all. It's still in my feet and ankles and now it has attacked my hands too. At least, it has not made it's way to my face (yet), but I'm sure that's only a matter of time. My new favorite thing to do is Epsom salt baths. Which if you know me at all, you are shocked by this. #1 I hate sitting still and relaxing. #2 I hate taking baths. I can probably count on one hand the number of baths I've taken in my lifetime (other than when I was a small child before I started taking showers instead). Jared and I have lived in our house for 5 years and the garden tub in our master bathroom has never been used, until now. But I was desperate. I hate to admit it, but the Epsom salt baths do work. Not only does it visibly reduce the swelling (not a ton, but enough that I can actually see somewhat of a difference), but it makes my feet feel so much better which is the best part. So for now, Epsom salt is making my swelling manageable and I am oh so happy about that!

- Food preferences: Jared cooked chicken breasts last night to make meals for his lunches for the rest of the week and I thought I was going to hurl. That smell, gag. I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to eat chicken on it's own ever again. As far as cravings, I'm still indulging in waffles and coke icees. I'm also loving fresh veggies and salads, which is pretty much all I want to eat right now. And I just can't get enough milk. Sometimes, I literally drink 4 glasses of milk with one meal. It's just so delicious, and baby girl must be craving some calcium! I'm just so thirsty, in general, all the time. I drink gallons of water each day.

- I am loving our child birth class that we are currently taking! First of all our instructor is an FSU grad (and an ADPi) and she is hilarious. She is so blunt, real and witty when she talks about child birth and I just love her approach. We have been learning so much from her, she has validated a lot of what I thought I wanted out of our birth and she is making me feel really confident in the birth plan that we have chosen. I feel extremely prepared and in control of our birth plan which is an awesome feeling.

I had to have my wedding rings cut off yesterday. Sad face. I literally never take my rings off, except to clean them, and then I put them right back on. I started noticing about a week ago that my hand might be swelling a little bit, but it wasn't too drastic and they weren't bothering me so I didn't think much of it. In the last like three days, the swelling got progressively worse and it got that way fast. I literally woke up one morning with swollen hands and they have been that way ever since. I tried everything to get the swelling in my hands to go down so that I could get my rings off without having to resort to cutting them off. When I noticed that my ring fingers were starting to hurt and tingle and change colors, I looked up all kinds of crazy ideas to get the swelling down, but none of them worked well enough for me to be able to get the rings off. My fingers were too far gone. So yesterday, we went to our family jeweler and he cut them off. I wanted to cry. I was terrified about cutting them, especially my wedding band, because both of my rings are family heirlooms. Our jeweler reassured me that once I wasn't pregnant anymore, he would be able to fix both of my rings and you will never be able to tell that they were ever cut off. Thank goodness. For now, I feel so naked without any rings on, but I'm waiting for my finger to return to a normal shape before I put anything else on it. I did buy a fake wedding band that I plan on wearing until I can wear my real ones again. I know it's ridiculous and superficial, but I just cannot have my pregnant self waddling around without a wedding band on. I can't do it.

After much frustration and impatience, our glider for the nursery has finally arrived! If you remember back a few weeks ago, the glider arrived on schedule and was the wrong fabric/color. We had been waiting for three months already and they sent the wrong stinking one. Let's just say that someone got a nasty phone call about that fiasco. So we had to send that one back and wait for another one. Luckily, they put the new one on super rush (as they should have) and it finally arrived this week. Like I would always tell my students, "if you don't have time to do it right, you better have time to do it again." Just get it right the first time, people. It's not that hard. Now, we finally have the correct glider and it is amazing. Correct fabric and oh so comfy. I can't wait to hang out in it with Peyton!

Now that all the nursery furniture is here and in place, I finally had Jared hang Peyton's monogram on the wall! I am so in love with it.

1 comment:

  1. That glider is amazing! And you are looking fab for 32 weeks! I'm doubting those 35lbs! :) Love reading your weekly updates - I've been reading your blog for a while (back when you were still teaching) and it feels like the time has just flown by! Congrats to you and your husband - what an awesome time in your lives!

    ReplyDelete