Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bumpdate {34 Weeks}

I might be the happiest pregnant lady on the block right now. I have no idea why, but I am just loving my pregnancy currently. Aside from my swollen feet and all my joints aching nonstop, I feel awesome. I think I'm starting to get a little nostalgic about my pregnancy coming to an end. Despite some mild unpleasantries, this whole pregnancy experience really has been wonderful and I think I will miss it once it is over. A few weeks from now I'll probably be singing a different tune, but for now I'm going to enjoy what is left of my pregnancy glow.

Week 34: April 23 - April 29

Week 34 Milestones: 

- Baby is the size of a cantaloupe this week! She's working on packing on the pounds and maturing her lungs in preparation for delivery. She can also hear voices really well at this point and recognize songs. It is said that simple songs that are sang to her in the womb from this point on can be recalled even after she is born and will soothe her. Pretty cool!

- Total pregnancy weight gain is holding on at 37 pounds this week. I think that my belly is starting to drop as well. Take a look at this week's photo in comparison to the previous weeks and see if you agree. My belly button is still in...well technically it's flat, but not poking out yet!

- My feet are still swollen 24/7 and my hands become swollen on occasion. I have random spurts of carpal tunnel pain in my right wrist, but it's not too bad. I also notice that if I sit in one position for too long, my hips are really sore and tight when I go to stand up. Other than that, I have been pretty lucky at avoiding some of the really terrible third trimester symptoms that some of my other fellow pregos have been experiencing lately. Hang in there girls!

- Braxton Hicks contractions are still a normal part of my day, mostly hitting me when I am doing a lot of walking or at night. Sometimes they wake me up in the middle of the night, which is kind of annoying, but I just have to change positions and then they go away. I must change sleep positions a thousand times during the night. Thank goodness for king-sized beds.

- Peyton loves when Jared touches my belly. If I feel her moving, I'll put my hands on my belly, but that usually makes her stop. I guess she doesn't want to put on a show for mommy. However, I can be feeling no movement at all and as soon as Jared puts his hands on my belly, she starts kicking like crazy. How can she tell the difference between the touch of different people? Craziness. I guess she is just a daddy's girl already. No surprise there.

- Food preferences: Still enjoying salads, raw fruits and veggies the most. In addition to my daily waffles and occasional coke icees, of course.

Mommy and I went to her condo in New Smyrna Beach for the weekend. Still rocking my bikini on the beach and showing off the bump.

I was rather amused by how silly/cool my shadow looks right now with my giant belly. 

Jared's great aunt makes traditional quilts by hand and I was so excited when she told us that she was going to make one for Peyton. It arrived in the mail today and I am so in love with it. It even has a monogram and a little quatrefoil on it!

She also sewed this little note onto the back of the quilt from her to Peyton. So special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment