Week 30: March 26 - April 1
Week 30 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of a cucumber this week! She is now strong enough to grasp a finger. Her skin is getting smoother and her brain is getting wrinklier, creating lots of essential brain tissue!
- Well, we hit the 30 pound weight gain mark this week. Which has put me into a whole new, terrifying, weight bracket. My goal was to stay under 40 pounds of weight gain for my entire pregnancy, but I'm not sure that I'm going to make it.
- I'm really excited that I've managed to make it this far with my wedding rings still on and my belly button still in. Please let it continue this way. I have no idea why but the thought of not being able to wear my wedding ring really bothers me. Even though I have a good excuse and I know that majority of pregnant women can't wear their rings toward the end of their pregnancy, I refuse to be a pregnant lady without a wedding ring on. So if the day does come where my own ring doesn't fit anymore, you better believe I will be buying a fake one to wear for the remainder of my pregnancy. Call me crazy, but something about it just seriously bothers me.
- Unfortunately, I think that my cankles are officially here to stay. My feet and ankles are basically swollen 24/7 nowadays. It looks rather ridiculous because I'm still pretty slim everywhere else except for my belly and my feet.
- I keep hearing about this whole "nesting" phase that is supposed to set in and make me want to neurotically clean and organize my house. When exactly is that supposed to happen? Because I'm still not there yet. My dislike for house cleaning is apparently much stronger than a soon-to-be-arriving baby or pregnancy hormones. Not surprised.
- Little Miss Peyton likes to par-tay. She is very active and moves around all day long. I love watching my belly move, it's so fascinating. Sometimes she shoves one of her body parts up under my rib cage which is a little uncomfortable, but I can usually persuade her to relocate with some
- Food preferences: Still the same song and dance.
- Peyton and I are both happy, healthy and feeling great! I couldn't ask for a more wonderful blessing :)
Jared and I went on a little babymoon to the beach! (Read my blog about it here)
Today is also my mother-in-law's birthday! Peyton and I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday, GiGi!

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment