I am sure that everyone is expecting me to have some deep, meaningful, well-thought out blog post for today. But I don't. I can't really put into words how it feels to not have your dad around on Father's Day, although I am sure that there are many of you out there who know exactly what this feels like. So I'll keep it short, sweet and not too depressing today.
All I can say is that I love my dad, I miss my dad and I am so thankful to have had him around for 25 happy years of my life. I have a number of friends who don't know their dad, are estranged from their dad or don't have a good relationship with their dad. So even though my dad is no longer here with me now, we always had a great relationship and every memory I have of him is filled with happiness, fun and good times.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Thank you for all that you do in your children's lives, you have no idea how much of an impact you have on them now and for the rest of their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment