Friday, June 7, 2013

School Year # 20 Complete

Today officially marks my 20th last day of school. I can't believe that I have actually been "in school" for 20 years. While that sounds terrible to a lot of people, it also means one glorious thing. Summer. Break. You guys have fun out there in the real world with your normal jobs, I'll be enjoying my summer break :)


This school year was rough. Rough. Difficult. Stressful. It was definitely not one of my better years in the classroom. Let's just say I have been anxiously awaiting today for a while now. However, the awesome thing about my job is that every new school year is a fresh start. So when I make my way back into the classroom in August, I get to start all over again. For now I'm going to look on the bright side, this year is over and summer is here. Despite the challenges this year, I did have some good times.

Highlights of this year...

1. Coaching volleyball

Coaching students on the court is a completely different experience from teaching them in the classroom. This was my first year coaching a sport and I absolutely loved it.

2. My fall intern

I feel like we definitely did not have an appropriate intern-directing teacher relationship. Couldn't help it. We were just destined to become actual friends. Plus, she was my first intern ever and you never forget your first time :)

3. Being voted Teacher of the Year

I still can't believe that my co-workers actually thought that was I was deserving enough of this honor.

4. My amazing co-workers

When you teach in an environment like I do, the only thing that keeps you sane is good company. My job would be so much more stressful and miserable without these awesome ladies who always keep me entertained!
Have a great summer my fellow teachers! See you back in August!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the patience to teach just to get that summer break ;) but seriously, happy summer and I hope next school year is great!

    ReplyDelete