Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Things That Make Me Go Hmm...

I literally have nothing to blog about. Sorry guys, life is not too exciting right now. For the past two days, I have been working as a model home greeter (yes, this is a glorious summer job). It is a super easy way to earn some cash, but I get really bored while I am here. Alas, I begin to ponder. Which leads me to the topic of today's post. Warning: I apologize in advance for anything I say that may offend someone. It tends to happen pretty regularly. You have been warned.

Things that are currently making me go, hmm...

1. The selection of men chosen for The Bachelorette this season. 

If I was Des, I would have sent all of these guys home the first night, called up my best friend and let ABC pay for us to fly around the world going on vacation together. Referring to this group of people as "men" is really a stretch if you ask me. I haven't seen a single one of them do anything that remotely resembles something "manly" all season. All they do is play dress up, hold hands and cry. Sounds like a little girl's slumber party to me. Plus, I feel like I really need to warn girls my age out there who are still looking for Mr. Right. I have no idea where ABC found these guys, but let me tell you that your average 30 year old man does not have wash-board abs, zero body hair and a wardrobe that consists of only neon-colored, tissue-thin, skin-tight t-shirts. If you want to date someone with those qualities, then you are actually looking for a 20 year old sorority girl. Sure they might look pretty on the TV screen, but what it all boils down to is simply no. Just say no, Des.

2. Lots and lots of emoticons.

I don't understand why people feel the need to use an excessive amount of emoticons when they text. Occasionally, I use one and only one emoticon :) That's it. Perhaps, I am just missing the point. Why can't you just type out what you are trying to say, rather than making me try to decipher your hieroglyph-style text message. It is called a "text" message after all. We aren't playing Pictionary here people. But, hey, if using lots of emoticons makes you really happy then keep on doing it. This is America after all. Just know that you won't be getting any emoticon filled messages from this girl. Actually...maybe I will start sending people messages that only contain emoticons and see if they can figure out what I am trying to say. Bwahaha. Additionally, I am curious as to why my iPhone contains so many options for emoticons. There are like 20 different types of buildings available for me to include in my message. Why buildings? What could I possibly be saying in a text message that would warrant a tiny picture of a power plant? I will also have you know that there are two styles of fried chicken available for your emjoi texting pleasure. Just in case that drumstick was not enough to get your point across, you can include yet another tiny piece of fried chicken into your text message. Gosh, how could we ever possibly communicate without this technology?

3. Adults who do not own agenda planners. 

Whenever I make an appointment at the doctor's office or somewhere, I always get out my planner and write it down. The person behind the desk always looks at me like I've just pulled a live penguin out of my purse. It's called a planner, people, get one. I feel like everyone (at least all adults) should own a planner. Yes, that fancy calendar feature on your iPhone counts too...if you actually use it effectively. Every time I encounter someone who is late or forgets to do something, I say, "did you have it in your planner?" and their response is usually, "my what?". Hey, I bet if you would have written it down in your planner then you wouldn't have forgotten it. Hence, the concept behind this nifty invention. So everyone has some homework this week...if you do not own a planner, go buy one. I'd be happy to give you a recommendation if you need one. I have been obsessed with planners since birth, so I'm pretty much an expert. Yes, I was that kid in elementary school who had my own planner. Listen, even my dad always used a planner and if Rocky can do it then you can too.

Well, I think that is enough pointless rambling for today, y'all. Enjoy your Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on adults who don't have planners!! I write ALL OF IT down! And also, yeah, the emojis are a little absurd sometimes, but they can make for some funny texts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use a written planner (AND an app on my phone, I like to plan what can I say!), and am astounded how many friends of mine don't own planners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about my planner! I don't know why no one else writes down everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me laugh!! It's soo true though! Hope you are enjoying summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to start using my planner more!

    ReplyDelete