Thursday, June 13, 2013

On Living Alone

To everyone out there in this world who lives alone, I commend you. Literally, I want to stand up in my living room and applaud you. I have always considered myself a pretty independent person. I have no problem going places by myself, eating in a restaurant alone, etc. However, living alone is not for me. I went straight from living in my parents' house, to the Phi Mu house, to my husband's house. Never alone. Up until recently, I had been at home alone overnight for only 2-3 days at a time.

Jared has been gone for a week now, hunting in South America with my brother. I am so ready for him to come home. I am ready for him to be here to kill the bugs in the house, fix the lawn mower when it breaks mid-way through mowing the lawn, to look out the window when I hear a noise outside at night, and just to sit on the couch and talk to me. Luckily, I have very protective dogs (and an alarm system) which makes this a little easier...but as much as I talk to Sadie and Lola, they don't talk back.

I can't imagine living alone all the time. This week has been tough. And I really can't imagine my husband leaving me for months at a time for something like deployment. I have to give it to all the military wives out there, y'all are amazing. I could never do what you do. I am in awe of your strength and resilience. I will be so happy when my husband is home to take care of me again :)

Since I am currently missing my hubby, I have to post this picture that Heather's photographer sent me of Jared and I from her wedding. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo! I agree, living alone is HARD! I have only lived by myself this past year and I am moving in with a roommate soon since I hate it. I hate the not having someone to talk to part especially.

    ReplyDelete