This past July, I came up with this crazy idea. Maybe I should start my own fantasy league for this season? I knew the boys would never let me join their league so I would have to recruit people for my own league. Were my girlfriends going to think that this was a totally weird and stupid idea? So I asked Jared's fraternity brother's wives, friends, and my sister-in-law if they wanted to join me. Everyone was eager to get on board even though they had no clue what they were doing. No problem. I had no idea what the heck I was doing either and I'm the commissioner of our league.
The eight of us created our league "Belles of the Ball" and prepped ourselves for a great season.
I think we were all a little apprehensive when it came time for our draft. However, once it got rolling we were having a great time. Even though we were all in our separate houses, it felt like we were all together. Drafting on our laptops, group texting some smack talk back and forth, snap chatting pictures of our draft beverages (giant glasses of wine) and our draft assistants (fur babies) while our husbands sat by and offered their advice or mocked us when we made poor draft choices.
It really was a good time. Especially because we are literally playing for fun, not really competitively. We have no money on the line in our league. The buy in for our league is a bottle of wine so at the end of the season, the winner of our league will have 8 bottles of wine bestowed upon her. Now that's one heck of a deal.
As this is the first week of the season, I am already so excited for what is to come. This crazy idea of mine might turn into an annual tradition!
My first match-up this week is Jared's sister. We're only one game into the week and her and I are already all tied up. I'm a little nervous about setting the rest of my line up, but for once I am actually excited for Sunday afternoon to get here!



No comments:
Post a Comment