Guests were greeted by this sign when they pulled up to the venue, directing them to the ceremony and reception. Heather found this idea on Pinterest and asked me to recreate it for her.
I really have to give most of the credit for the making of this directional sign to my husband. First, he measured out the wood and cut it into the shapes we needed. Trust me, you do not want me operating a power saw. Next, he painted the wood an antique ivory color. Then, I wrote on the wood with a sharpie. (the handwriting was my only contribution to this project, Jared did the rest!) He attached the signs to the wood stake (once again with the power tools that I am unfit to operate). Finally, he used a paint wax to give the wood an aged, antiqued look. I was super impressed with his craftiness.
The remainder of the signage for the wedding was created from chalkboards. I loved using the chalkboards because they really complemented the theme of the venue. Plus, it was easy to erase and rewrite when I messed up.
In lieu of paper programs for the ceremony, Heather opted for a chalkboard program at the entry way.
I really liked Heather's idea of having a menu displayed at the buffet in the reception. That way, guests already know what their options are while they are waiting to get their food.
This sign was displayed on the guestbook table. Photographs were attached to the bars on top of the chalkboard to represent the family members who were unable to attend the wedding.
These bar signs were my favorite! Heather's maid of honor, Nikki, attached the seersucker fabric flowers to the corners of the chalkboards to match the groomsmen's suits. (I guess it is fitting for the groomsmen to match the bar) One side of the bar featured Josh and Heather's favorite cocktail...bourbon. (Yes, I realize that Seagram's is supposed to have an apostrophe before the "s". Don't worry I fixed it before displaying this at the wedding, but I took this picture before I had noticed it)
The other side of the bar featured beer and wine selections. I had my work cut out for me on this one. That was a lot of information to fit on this tiny chalkboard.
Signs for the guestbook table and the photo booth. I totally looked at ideas on Pinterest before deciding what to write on these signs. How did people ever get married before Pinterest? Just kidding, I totally did. And thank goodness or my wedding would have been ungodly expensive.
As I was creating all these signs, I started running out of room in my house to lay them out to dry. Eventually, they took over my king sized bed because that was the only place I could fit them all.
Our friends' son, Jackson, was the ring bearer in the wedding. As he walked down the aisle, he carried this sign saying, "Here comes your sunshine"... Josh's nickname for Heather. Aww :)


I love all those signs(they are Pinterest worthy) and I am impressed with your beautiful handwriting!
ReplyDelete