Friday, May 3, 2013

Life Lately

Since I apparently have no time for blogging anymore, I guess we are just going to have to settle for these weekly "catch-up" posts. Sorry guys. Have no fear, once I am on summer vacation I will definitely have a lot more free time for blogging. Only 24 school days left, but who's counting? :)

I never shared with y'all the horrifying thing that showed up in the front office of my school one day...


Yes, that is a GIANT picture of my face. It should be illegal to blow up someone's yearbook photo that large. Since when does my school hang a "shrine" for the Teacher of the Year? Since now apparently. Great. If I would have known that my yearbook picture was going to be used for anything other than just a tiny little square on the faculty page in the yearbook, I might have actually put some effort into doing my hair that day. So until next school year, every person who walks in the front office of my school will be greeted by my smiling face everyday. Yippie. 

On Wednesday, I noticed that my elbow was kind of hurting when I moved it which was a little alarming since I never engage in any type of physical activity involving my arms. When I got home, I looked in the mirror and noticed this big red patch on my elbow. Weird. 


About 3 hours later, my elbow felt like it was on fire as my red patch had evolved into this...


I couldn't sleep all night because my elbow was burning so bad and I was losing range of motion in my arm. When I got up Thursday morning, I could hold my arm at a 90 degree angle and that was as far as it would move. My elbow was still bright red and burning. I went to work anyways and my students were pretty nice to me, keeping a good distance between us since they thought I was infected. That was the only benefit of all this pain. I left work early and went to the doctor who diagnosed me with cellulitis. Gross. He hooked me up with some prescription ointment and an antibiotic and off I went. Today, my elbow is already looking better and feeling a lot better. Thank you prescription drugs. 


It has been raining here everyday this week, which makes me want to crawl back in bed and read/watch a movie/sleep everyday. The only good thing about all this rain is that I get to prance around in my awesome rain boots. Yes, they have hunting dogs on them. I have had these rain boots since college and I love them. They better last forever since I paid a pretty penny for them, well actually my mom did. Typical J.Crew.

Thanks to all this rain, my students' field trip was cancelled today. Not cool. I was supposed to chill with my 20 assigned kids who were going to be left behind and watch movies all day. Unfortunately, this cancelled field trip meant that we went through our regular bell schedule and I had to see all my students today. However, I knew they were all pissed about missing the field trip so I wasn't about to try and get them to be productive. Alas, we continued on with movie day as planned. I also printed off some coloring pages to entertain us during the movie as well. Yes, sixth graders still like to color and it keeps them quiet. Double win. Of course, I wasn't going to let them have all the fun. I colored this picture for my co-worker in the classroom next door and she hung it on her bulletin board with all the students' artwork. Happy Friday. 


One of our family friends (she lived across the street from me as a kid and I used to babysit her when she was little) recently graduated from college and has embarked on quite the journey. Before joining the rest of us out here in the real world, she has decided to hike the entire Pacific Crest Trail. She is hiking 2700 miles from Mexico to Canada and she is documenting her entire journey on a blog. You can check out the blog here if you want to follow her on her journey. Also, do me a favor and pray for her safety over the next few months. 
Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment