Even though I already sent her a birthday card in the mail, a semi-embarrassing letter on the blog is always a fitting birthday gift :) Happy Birthday Elisa!
Dearest Little,
I have always believed that we were destined to be big and little from the start. I was the responsible mom in our relationship and you were the carefree, wild child that I secretly lived through vicariously. Living down the hall from you for 2 years in the Phi Mu house were some of my favorite times together. Especially when you let me come raid your closet...not when you and Amber used to try and sneak boys and/or wine upstairs when I was President. I always loved being there for you when you needed me, even if all you needed was a ride home from Big Daddy's at 2am. I will never forgive you for making me go with you to Chubby's or Baja's. I think I am scarred for life. I will always cherish the many hours we spent together in the emergency room at Tallahassee Memorial when I had to come pick you up from TKE formal because you broke your foot. I really tried to teach you some valuable lessons over the years, like why one should not drink too many Skippy's from the Gatorade cooler, why Cheez-its are an essential food group or how to craft fabulous gifts for your own little. I hold so dear our fond memories of FSU Gamedays, Phi Mu events, nights out and just hanging out together in the house. Thank you for always being there when I needed you most. I couldn't imagine my wedding day without you up there next to me. Whether it's a holiday or just a time when you know that I need a pick me up, I love getting your little care packages in the mail. My Essie nail polish collection is amazing thanks to you. I could not be more proud to call you my little. In fact, I brag about you (and the rest of our awesome Phi Mu family) all the time. Thanks for being you and for always loving me in a way that only a sister could. Happy Birthday!
LIOB, Your Big Sister



I love you two so much! <3
ReplyDelete