Ok, so maybe I'm a little late around here but I think it is time for me to do some spring cleaning. This all started Saturday night when Jared and I were trapped in our closet for about 20 minutes. We were having a hard time fitting the two of us and the two fur babies in our walk-in closet. This led me to realize that I really need to clean out my closet. Before I get to the spring cleaning, allow me to explain why we were in the closet in the first place...
All last week, we had terrible weather here in Jacksonville. I mean seriously horrible. Monsoon like. Saturday was probably the worst thunderstorm I have seen in a long time. I am talking hurricane conditions out there. We went to a graduation party for one of our friends during the day. Photo proof below...yeah, there was no way I was going to attempt straight hair in those weather conditions.
When we got home from the party, our area was under a flash flood warning, tornado warning and severe thunderstorm warning. Awesome. Once we were in the house, we noticed that our lights kept flickering and our cable was not working. (When your cable lines run underground and they still aren't working during a storm, that is a really bad sign) Without cable, we had no idea what was going on out there. Our internet wasn't working and the 4G on our phones was running really slow. Luckily, both of our moms were tuned into the news and started calling to check on us. The heavy rain, 50 mph winds and hail were pounding our poor little house. Finally, Jared's mom called us to tell us that the weather man had just said the name of our neighborhood on TV and he was saying that there was a tornado forming in the clouds above our neighborhood that it could potentially touch down. Oh goodie.
Now, Jared and I have both been through enough hurricanes to know exactly what to do when the tornadoes start coming. Into the closet we went, fur babies in tow. While we were trying to find a spot on the floor of our closet to get comfortable, I noticed that we have a lot of crap in our closet. Unnecessary crap that we don't need. After about 20 minutes, we could hear that the wind and rain was starting to die down so we decided to come out of the closet. There was no damage to our house or neighborhood and we never lost electricity, even though the entire front half of our neighborhood did. There are a lot of down trees and debris in the area along with standing water and flooding still, but everything here ended up being fine. Not exactly my favorite way to spend a Saturday night, but I'm glad everyone was ok.
After this experience, I decided that I have got to get into that closet and clean it out. While I'm at it, there are some other things in my life that I feel could use a little spring cleaning. My desk, my classroom, my refrigerator and pantry, and my Facebook friends. I seriously feel the need for some de-clutter in my life. Take Facebook for example. Why on Earth do I have over 700 Facebook friends? I don't know 700 people well enough to call them my friends. So those friend of a friend people who I never talk to are going to have to go. Bye bye unnecessary Facebook friends.
Next up, that closet. Goodwill is about to get a special delivery from the Roche household. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment