Sunday, March 27, 2011

Beach Date

Jared and I went on a little outing to the beach today, just the two of us. We were going to go out in the boat, but it was really windy today and our boat is very tiny which would have made for a very wet ride. So we decided to go to the beach and enjoy this beautiful day.


I didn't want to go to Jacksonville Beach because it is always so crowded and the people there are so sketchy looking. While I do enjoy some good people watching, its really not worth the 45 minute drive. We went to Lemon Bar and Atlantic Beach with Michael and Brian yesterday, but that's at least 50 minutes from my house and we didn't feel like driving that far today.


We decided to go to the beach at Anastasia State Park today instead. The last time we went to the beach there was in 2008 when I crashed my beach cruiser and totally destroyed one of my knees on the pavement. Since we already live in St. Augustine, this beach is only like 30 minutes from our house and there is literally no traffic on the way there. There are also hardly any people there and the beach is out in the middle of a State Park so there are no buildings around.


Beyond the campground is a parking lot with a huge saltwater marsh that separates the parking lot from the beach. You have to walk this super long boardwalk across the marsh and over the sand dunes to get to the beach. We spent a few hours laying on the beach and walking along the freezing water. It was super windy, but just relaxing in the sunshine was amazing.  


We brought our own bikes with us to the beach, unlike the last time we came to Anastasia and rented beach cruisers. I don't like beach cruisers because they don't have hand brakes...and that was what led to my graceful crash the last time we rode bikes there.

We took our bikes for a little ride around the State Park and the campgrounds. The weather was beautiful and we even saw some native wildlife. Even though you have to pay $8 per car to get into the State Park, it is well worth it to be secluded, have a nice beach and get to use the amenities of the park.

I didn't get very much sun today because Jared made me wear sunscreen...rude. I guess he just wants me to be around for a while :) Either way, we had a wonderful day together and I managed not to injure myself, yay! I'll have to work on my tan for the rest of the week while everyone else is at work...be jealous. Maybe not, since it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow...so rude.

1 comment: