Jared has decided that he wants to attempt to grow some vegetables in our yard this spring. I'm all for this as long as I don't have to do anything with these plants because I will probably kill them. Surprisingly, he has opted to start small with a couple of easy veggies and if that goes well then we can do more next year. I'm glad he is going for this option because we tend to go for the gusto right from the beginning and then fail miserably.
These plants have a number of things working against them...Jared's busy schedule, my "black" thumb, and our psycho dogs that will probably try to eat them. Therefore, I have decided to blog the progress of our little vegetable garden because I can already tell that this is going to be yet another entertaining experiment at the Roche household.
Jared planted the seeds today, so here goes nothing. These little planters are currently inhabiting our screened porch until the plants are big enough to be transplanted into larger planters. We are attempting to grow green beans, jalapeƱos, banana peppers, cucumbers, green peppers and cherry tomatoes. Hopefully, we will have lots of delicious veggies to enjoy soon!
I know these aren't very exciting pictures of a bunch a dirt, but I like to have before and after pictures :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck. I can't even keep a cactus alive.
ReplyDelete