Other than cleaning my house, I spent this cloudy day inside doing what I do best...being crafty. It was finally time to take down my St. Patrick's Day decorations, and I was very sad about this. However, I was very excited to put up my Easter decorations because I love Easter for the following reasons:
#1 - I love pastels...that pretty much sums that up, I absolutely love everything involving pastel colors.
#2 - April is my birthday month; I was even born on Good Friday!
#3 - It's a good excuse for me to act like a kid and pretend that the Easter bunny still exists.
#4 - and the most important reason of course, I love Jesus :)
I spent about an hour in Michaels today, which is so deadly for my bank account. I got some Easter decorations and supplies for my latest art project. Whenever I get bored or want to procrastinate (I do love to avoid cleaning especially) I create a new craft project for myself. I must "toot my own horn" and say that I am pretty darn crafty. This probably explains why I used to have a line out my door during "big/little sister week" when I lived at Phi Mu. Nobody could stuff and cover those wooden hearts as fast or as beautifully as I could :) This also probably explains why every gift Casey gave her little sister Meredith while we were in Phi Mu was actually made by me.
While I was wondering around Michaels today, I spotted some plain foam koozies that were just dying to be decorated. My dear sister-in-law, Erika, and I are driving down to the Keys for Spring Break on Thursday. What could possibly make our Spring Break road-trip even more fabulous? Personalized koozies with foam critters on them of course!
The front of both of our koozies
The back of Erika's koozie...dinos of course :)
The back of my koozie...lions :)
After my koozie decorating was finished, I had to take Lola to the vet for a check-up. She was definitely not pleased about this; she even jumped up onto the chair I was sitting on in the exam room and tried to hide behind me from the doctor. Her hiding efforts failed, as the vet still managed to give her the vaccines. The most difficult part of this outing was me trying to push my cart with two 30 pound bags on dog food in it around Petsmart while Lola was trying to run in every direction on the leash. I can't believe the store displays survived the tornado that was Lola and I with our cart crashing through the store. Even though Lola did not enjoy this experience, she was still looking like a pretty happy puppy on the car ride home :)

Cuuute koozies. The Hobby Lobby in Aiken, SC puts any craft store I've ever been in to SHAME. I'm seriously saving up money to go on a scrapbook spending spree when I move there. Lol
ReplyDeletelove love love the coozies :) can't wait to use my dinos!
ReplyDelete