Last night Jared, Boden, Brian, Heather and I went to a FSU baseball game. Every year, one of the FSU vs. UF baseball games takes place at the Jacksonville Baseball Grounds where the Suns minor league team plays. So of course we had to partake in these festivities.
I love going to cheap, public events in Jacksonville because the people watching is fantastic...especially when there are Gator fans involved :) I'll admit it, some of the FSU fans were terrible too. Either way, there were definitely some classy individuals in attendance last night. Plus, this game had record attendance for a college baseball game in Florida...10,700 people were there.
Due to this disgusting weather we have been having it was actually pretty cold at the game...rude. We all know how much I love cold weather, especially in March. It also took the announcers pretty much the entire game to figure out how to get the scoreboard to work so you had to be really paying attention in order to know what was actually going on in the game. Trust me, I was paying attention. Mostly because we were standing on the side of right field, close to the first base line...pretty much in the "foul ball death zone". So every time someone hit a foul ball to right field I was running for my life and hiding behind whoever was closest to me. In fact, a girl who was standing no more than 5 feet behind me got nailed in the back of the head by a foul ball. She was crying, it was terrible. I guess she should have been paying more attention to the game rather than her beer.
The Gators were winning for the first couple innings 2-0. We tied the game up in the 4th inning 2-2. Then we managed to pull ahead in the 6th inning making it 3-2. We scored 2 more runs in the 8th inning making the score 5-2 and a victory for the Seminoles! Celebration was in order and Boden even chanted the fight song all the way back to the car. I wish we were able to go to more FSU baseball games, but driving all the way to Tallahassee for one is not going to happen. I guess we will just have to settle for going to some Jacksonville Suns games this spring instead.
Go Noles!

No comments:
Post a Comment