Spring is my favorite season! The weather is so nice, I get to plant pretty flowers, decorate everything in pastels, and wear sundresses. Plus, my birthday and anniversary is in the spring so that usually means presents and vacations :)
One of the best and worst things about living in a house is the yard. I love it when my yard looks pretty and full of colorful flowers, but getting it there is a lot of hard work. This past weekend, Jared and I finally got our yard back in shape after this horrifyingly cold winter.
First, Jared decided that he didn't want to red mulch in our flower beds anymore and that he wanted pine bark instead. I thought this sounded like a good idea as well until I found out what was involved in removing the old mulch. I spent hours raking up the old mulch, putting it into a wheelbarrow and then bagging it in garbage bags. This was the worst process ever.
Raking mulch is so not fun, especially since I have no arm strength. I guess that is what happens when you haven't been the gym in 3 years.
Then we had to bag all the mulch and pray that the garbage men would take it, so we wouldn't have to figure out some other way to dispose of it. Luckily, they took it for us :)
Finally, I got to the fun part...planting my pretty, spring flowers. Pictured above: the before...
...and the after. We bought these flowers from a roadside stand on my parents' exit, you know I like to support the local businesses :)
I just love them, so pretty! Plus, they are pink and white...so of course I had to buy them!
Also from the roadside flower stand, we bought 2 yards worth of pine bark to re-mulch our flower beds. Driving home on I-95 was an experience...with pieces of pine bark flying out of the back of the truck, we were a road hazard.
The finished product of all my hard work...all planted and mulched, so pretty and ready for spring!
I mulched these flower beds all on my own...don't let Jared tell you otherwise :) I am such a good mulch spreader, very proud of my work!
Happy Spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment