I'm pretty sure that through my blogs, Facebook statuses, etc. everyone has probably already figured out that I love St. Patrick's Day. I was always looking forward to this holiday all year long in college, and I still love to celebrate it. Since Jared and I actually met on St. Patrick's Day, this holiday is especially near and dear to my heart. This year, we celebrated our 5 year anniversary of meeting on this beloved holiday.
I knew that this year's St. Patrick's Day would be good right from the start because I had a training scheduled on that day so that would mean two things: #1 I would get out of work an hour earlier than usual (or more possibly) and #2 I would not have to deal with my students being ridiculous and pinching each other all day. Yesterday, I put on my green and headed off to my training. It went by quickly and easily and before I knew it our instructor was already dismissing us and it was only 2:15...amazing.
I headed home and spent the next two hours relaxing on my back patio with the dogs enjoying the beautiful weather and some beer. Jared got off work early and was going to meet me at the Irish pub near our house. I headed to the restaurant to get us a table outside and Jared got stuck in traffic, so I spent about 30 minutes hanging out at the restaurant by myself drinking. Luckily, this older lady sitting across from me was rather entertaining so her and I were drinking together and having a good time. I even wore my light-up Bud Light shamrock necklace that I got from the block party in Tallahassee on St. Patrick's Day like 3 years ago.
My only two requirements for St. Patrick's Day are: beer and a Reuben. In college, I would have said green beer, but I can't drink green beer on a school night as I discovered last year. The morning after St. Patrick's Day last year I had to spend about 20 minutes scrubbing my lips with rubbing alcohol trying to get rid of the green food coloring that had dyed my lips before going to school.
As soon as Jared arrived at Donovan's Irish Pub, he went inside and ordered us some Reubens. They were so delicious and my holiday was complete. We sat outside for a while enjoying our beers, Reubens and the festive atmosphere. There was even a guy dressed up as a leprechaun who was letting all the kids decorate his car with little cling-on shamrocks. There must have been hundreds of glittery shamrocks all over his car...I think I'll decorate the Volvo like that next year :)
It was yet another wonderful St. Patrick's Day and I can't wait for next year! 2012 is a leap year so the holiday will be on a Saturday next year...I feel a St. Patrick's themed vacation in the works here :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment