Monday, March 7, 2011

Cinco de Marcho

Since Cinco de Mayo happens to fall on a Thursday this year, we decided to celebrate it a little early. This past Saturday was the 5th of March, or Cinco de Marzo, so we felt the need to have a Mexican fiesta. Mike Hall and Emily Oppel hosted this festive occasion, that they entitled "Cinco de Marcho". Even though March in Spanish is technically "Marzo", "Marcho" just seemed more appropriate for a bunch of gringos celebrating the independence of Mexico two months early. It may also have been borrowed from the Rocky Adams' Spanish dictionary, since my dad thinks that all you have to do is add an "o" to the end of a word in order to make it Spanish.


Saturday afternoon, we ventured over to Mike and Emily's house in Riverside for the occasion. Jared and I just had to sport sombreros for the festivities, and Jared even wore a fabulous mustache.


There was a variety of delicious Mexican themed dips and dishes, complete with margaritas and sangria of course.

After a few cocktails, even the ladies were sporting some good-looking mustaches :)


Later in the evening, we all walked down to Kickbacks for some drinks and food. I was super tired at this point since Jared and I had been doing yard work all day before going to the party. I kept dozing off on Jared's shoulder, so we decided that it was time to go home.

We had a wonderful time at the fiesta celebrating Cinco de Marcho!    

No comments:

Post a Comment