Yesterday, we had a teacher planning day, meaning that I had to go to work but there were no students, meaning that my work day was a piece of cake. One of my co-workers is having a baby (really at any moment now) so we had a baby shower for her yesterday during planning day, meaning we spent our planning time sitting around eating. It was glorious.
After work, I went bathing suit shopping which is always a horrifying experience. I don't understand who they design these bathing suits for. I'm like a size 4, so if these bathing suits look retarded on me, then who the hell is supposed to wear them? Every bathing suit I tried on was either some weird style that's going to give me freaky tan lines, or some heinous color or design that could not possibly look good on anyone. I am trying one last option, going to the surf shops out at the beach, and then I am just going to resort to the Victoria's Secret catalog.
Once I finally made it home yesterday, I discovered that my garage door was broken. I managed to get it to go up with the clicker, but I couldn't get it to go down. So I disconnected the garage door and lowered it by hand, then I tried to get it to reconnect automatically but the track wouldn't revolve all the way down to reconnect the door. So when it came time for me to go to happy hour, I had to lift the dusty garage door all by myself, which was kind of heavy and really awkward to lift. Then I had to back my car out, put the garage door back down by hand, go around to inside the garage through my house to lock the door into place so that someone couldn't just come and lift the door up, and then go back out my front door. When my neighbor asked me what I was doing, I said "oh just disconnecting and locking my garage door, since its broken". He just said "oh, ok" with this weird, "how the hell did she know how to do that" look on his face. Remember, my dad is a home builder, so I actually know how to deal with things breaking around the house :)
It is Day 14 of our vegetable garden and rather than bore you to death with another full length post about the vegetable garden, here are some pictures!
Our little vegetable garden set up on the back porch
Tomatoes and cucumbers are really coming along. Two of the jalapeƱos are up and we are still waiting for the banana peppers and green peppers to sprout.
The green bean plants are getting bigger everyday! Soon they will be transplanted into a bigger home so that they can begin actually producing green beans for me to eat, yum.
This picture doesn't do it justice...but all of my flowers are blooming like crazy! All these pink flowers and ladybug decor, a Phi Mu must live here :)

I love the garden!!!!!!!!!!! And the flowers look amazing. xoxo from your Mommy! see you soon!!
ReplyDelete