Part of my recent absence from blogging has been due to my new addiction to The Hunger Games series. The time after work that I usually spend blogging, I have been spending reading these books. So obviously I have to share the one that I have finished already with you for Heather's Book Club Friday link up.
Today I am sharing...
Here is a synopsis...
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games," a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed.
~ via Amazon.com
For months, people have been telling me to read this book. I was pretty unmotivated to read it even though it kind of reminded me of The Giver and Anthem which are two books that I absolutely love. I finally broke down and decided to read it and at first, I was still unsure about whether or not I was actually going to like it. However, once I got into it, I was hooked. It was absolutely fantastic and the main character, Katniss, is such a badass. Her character is very well written and the whole concept of the society in which the story takes place is really interesting. Although this is technically a "young adult" novel, it is enticing for adults as well. It has a lot more depth than other "young adult" novels, like Twilight. I really enjoyed it and I am now currently reading the second book of the series, Catching Fire, which is awesome so far. In March, the movie version of The Hunger Games is coming out and I think it is going to be really cool. Hopefully they will stay pretty true to the book. See for yourself...
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Happy Black Friday :)



I have all three of these books. Just need to read them! I plan to at least read Hunger Games before the movie comes out (hopefully!) Love your blog. I am now following!
ReplyDeleteI still need to read these!! I'm glad you linked up. :)
ReplyDeleteLove love the Hunger Games series!! AMAZING :) I'm so excited for the movie!
ReplyDelete