Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Day Prep

I'm getting so pumped up for Thanksgiving already! I only have one more day of work this week and then it is time to relax. I absolutely love getting everything ready for a holiday. I don't even mind cleaning my house...I know, shocker. Even though we aren't hosting Thanksgiving at our house, my in-laws are coming to stay with us so I have to get the house clean and festive :) 

We are having Thanksgiving over at my parents' house this year and so we are all bringing things to contribute to the feast. Jared is in charge of deep frying the turkeys and I am in charge of bringing the family's holiday signature cocktail. Of course...no cooking for this girl. I'm not complaining though because, trust me, my bartending skills far exceed my cooking skills. We all need to stick to our strengths, right? 

Since our family's holiday signature cocktail has to sit for two days before you can drink it (yeah, it's pretty intense) I am going to go ahead and make it tonight. If you are in need of a good holiday cocktail, I highly recommend this one. It is so delicious and definitely gets everyone into the holiday spirit. I make it for every holiday so of course I have already written a blog post about it before. Read my post Brandy Slush from last year's Thanksgiving for the recipe and origin of this very special cocktail.




Hope your Turkey Day preparations are going well!

2 comments:

  1. Love that last pic! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog, of course! I am starting my calamondin cakes so that they too, like the Slush, has time to "ferment!" I will be bringing two: one for the Adams Home, one for the Roche Home. I will also have "very fresh" lobster tails for Saturday night's game time festivities! Between now and when I see you, we will have collectively done a million things! Breaking Dawn on Black Friday! Oh it is going to be an amazing time! xox

    ReplyDelete