This past weekend, Jared went to the FSU game with his dad and I stayed in Jacksonville for Florida/Georgia! If you live in or remotely near Jacksonville, you know that Florida/Georgia is by far the best weekend of the year in Northeast Florida.
People come from all over Florida and Georgia for what is known as the "world's largest cocktail party". This football game is a huge tradition and draws a larger crowd than any other event in Northeast Florida. Extra seating is specifically added on to the Jaguar's stadium just for this game.
Since I attended FSU, I like to cheer for whoever is playing against Florida so naturally I wore Georgia colors to the game on Saturday. Even though we tailgated with all Gator fans, I just cannot handle that orange and blue.
I spent the day hanging out with my family at various tailgates around the stadium. We started our day off at our long time family friends' (The English's) tailgate which was our main tailgate because that is where we parked and kept all of our stuff. It was cold and rainy when we first arrived at our tailgate in the morning, but the sun finally came out and it warmed up to a beautiful day.
We spent a large portion of the day at the Mullarkey's tailgate which was really close to the stadium and full of Georgia fans. We stayed at their tailgate thoroughout the game as well since they had a big screen TV and we did not have tickets to the actual game.
Towards the end of the game, we headed back to the English's tailgate to finish watching the game a have a little post-game tailgate. Georgia ended up defeating Florida 24-20 so naturally I was thrilled.
Although I wasn't there to see it, FSU won their game in a 34-0 shutout against NC State which made my day even better.
Even though I'm pretty sure that something I ate at one of the tailgates ended up making me sick for the next three days, I still had a great time! Go Dawgs :)







No comments:
Post a Comment