Sunday, March 4, 2012

160 Years of Sisterhood

My beloved sorority is celebrating our 160th anniversary today! So I want to wish all of my Phi Mu sisters a very happy Founders' Day!

On this day, 160 years ago, three women founded an organization that would change my life. I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am to have been apart of such an amazing sisterhood. Seven years ago, the Phi Mu chapter at FSU chose me to join their sisterhood and it was the best decision I ever made. It brought me the greatest college experience, best friends, a husband and a life long bond with some of the greatest women I have ever known. Phi Mu made me into the woman that I wanted to become and I cannot thank my Phi Mu sisters enough for being such an integral part of my life.

My Phi Mu sisters have been apart of the best and worst days of my life, always sending me encouragement when I need it. I am so thankful to have been apart of something so wonderful and I hope that all of the women who continue to join Phi Mu in the future will enjoy the same amazing experience that I have shared with my sisters. 

To my faithful sisters: continue to live your life with love, honor and truth. Always remember that when you're scared to look forward and it hurts to look back, look beside you and your sisters will be there. LIOB 

No comments:

Post a Comment