Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Globus

I promise the Ireland pictures and stories are coming soon...pinky swear.

Before I get to showing off the wonderful places we visited in Ireland, I wanted to brag about the company that got us there because I am in love with them. If you are traveling abroad anytime in the future, you have got to use this company. They are amazing.

As a high school graduation gift, my mom took me to Europe for the first time ever. Neither of us had been before and because my mom likes to worry about every little thing, she wanted to be able to relax and have someone else do the work. She booked us a tour through Globus because it seemed like the most cost effective and efficient way to see the countries we wanted to visit in a short time. At first, I was not convinced. Here I was thinking, "why on Earth would I want to spend my entire vacation on a bus with 40 other people I don't know?" However, once were embarked on our Globus journey, I quickly changed my tune. We had an amazing time traveling throughout Italy, France and Switzerland. We instantly fell in love with Globus.

About two years later, we decided to go on another trip to Europe, this time visiting Germany and Austria. Without any hesitation, we booked our trip through Globus right away. However, this time we wanted to visit London and Holland as well, but those locations weren't included in the Germany/Austria itinerary that we wanted to do. So we decided to just do London and Holland on our own. We spent a few days and a lot of money "doing" London and Holland on our own before meeting up with our Globus tour. It was neither cost-effective, nor efficient doing it ourselves. I couldn't wait to get on the Globus bus and finally get to relax.

This past Christmas, Jared and I decided that we wanted to go to Ireland for Spring Break. Immediately, I suggested Globus. He was apprehensive at first, wanted to maybe try and do the trip on our own, but eventually I convinced him. I'm pretty confident that he will now agree with me in saying that Globus is the best way to travel.


Now that I am a three-time Globus veteran, I want to share the reasons why I am so in love with Globus...

1. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Pretty much everything is included: hotels, breakfast everyday, most of the dinners, all activities, admission to museums/attractions, and transportation.

2. They do everything for you. They drop off your luggage in your hotel room, and pick it up in the morning to put it on the bus for you. They organize every activity and take care of every problem for you. You literally just show up on the bus every morning and let them whisk you away on a fun-filled adventure.

3. The bus takes you everywhere. It drops you off at the front door of every attraction and picks you up. You never have to worry about how or when you are getting somewhere.

4. Your tour director is a wealth of knowledge. He/She knows pretty much everything you could possibly want to know about the places you are visiting. They will give you suggestions, help you with the local language, culture and etiquette. Plus, they do all the work. Anything you need or any problem you run into, they fix it right away.

5. Everything is high quality. Every hotel I have ever stayed in with Globus has been very nice and clean. The restaurants are always good. The activities on the itinerary cover your typical "tourist" things as well as experiences that you would never have discovered on your own.

6. They've got the hook up. When you're with Globus, it's like being "with the band". Admission tickets to everything are already booked, and you get to skip all the lines. They take you to places that you can't get into on your own and they take you to places for private tours after regular business hours. It is definitely the VIP treatment.

7. It's still "your" vacation. While there are a lot of scheduled activities, there is still plenty of free time for you to go off on your own and do whatever you want to do.

8. It is cost-effective and efficient. There is no possible way that I could have ever seen and done as many things as I did on any of my trips in the amount of time and the price that Globus did it in.

9. A group tour actually is fun. Every tour director I have had has been fun and amazing. Plus, it is completely up to you as to how much interaction you have with the other people on your tour. However, on each trip I have been on, we always end up making friends and having a great time with some of the people in our group. For example: On our Ireland trip, every person in our group was over 50 but that doesn't mean that we didn't spend every night in the pub having a great time drinking with them :)

10. I love to micro-manage a trip. I want to do and see as much as possible. I usually never get to relax on vacation because I am too busy planning and organizing what we are going to do next. This is why I love Globus. I know that I am going to get a well structured, well organized experience. I know that I am going to see and do as much as possible, but I also know that I don't have to do a damn thing except sit back and enjoy it.

I know that some people just want to do things on their own and if that works for you, then great. However, if you have a lot that you want to see and not a lot of time to do it, then I highly recommend Globus. You will have an amazing, worry-free vacation. Trust me. So if you are thinking about traveling abroad anytime soon, check out the vacations offered by Globus.


No comments:

Post a Comment