Tuesday, March 6, 2012

House Bunny

I know that I don't talk about work very often on my blog, but some of the things that happen to me in the classroom are just too entertaining not to share. Please enjoy :)

Actual conversation that I had with a 6th grade female student today...


Student: Mrs. Roche, you look like you could have been a bunny.
Me: A bunny? What do you mean, a bunny?
Student: Like the bunnies that live in the big house...
(obvious confusion on my face)
Student: You know, like the girls that live in the big houses on the movie "House Bunny"
Me: Oh, you mean the sorority houses?
Student: Yeah, did you live in one of those big mansions?
Me: Yes, I was in a sorority in college and I lived in the sorority house.
Student: Cool! Like a Playboy bunny!
Me: No, no, not like a Playboy bunny. Like a sorority girl. 
Student: Can I come to the mansion with you? I want to stay in the bunny house. 
Me: It's not a bunny house, it's a sorority house. It has nothing to do with the Playboy bunnies.
Student: Well, I think it's cool that you used to be a Playboy bunny Mrs. Roche.



Epic fail.

So now my students are probably going to go home and tell their parents that I used to be a Playboy bunny. Awesome. I can't decide whether I should be offended or flattered that one of my students thinks I look like a Playboy bunny. Oh well, never a dull moment.

1 comment: