Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Today is one of my very favorite holidays! Even though I am not Irish, I still love celebrating St. Patrick's Day. It is such a fun holiday and March 17 is also a very special day for my husband and I. My freshman year of college, I went out for St. Patrick's Day with my best friend. While we were out, I met this guy...and three years later, I married him. So not only do we celebrate Saint Patrick every year on March 17 in my household, but my husband and I also celebrate the day we met. In case you haven't ever heard the full story of how my hubby and I met, you can read it here: The Story of Us.


I have had a number of great St. Patrick's Days over the years, but I think this year will prove to be the best one yet...

The day we first met - March 17, 2006 





This year, we are celebrating the 6 year anniversary of our meeting in a very special way. As you read this post, I am probably already at the bar, enjoying a beer in the best place to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the entire world...Ireland!

Jared and I will be spending the next week traveling around the country of Ireland for my Spring Break. Therefore, I will be missing from the blogging world for a while, but don't worry because as soon as I return I will be sharing all my photos and stories from our trip around the Emerald Isle! Have a great weekend :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment