Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DIY Burlap Decor

This past weekend, we co-hosted an engagement party for our friends. When we initially started planning the party, I immediately put myself in charge of decorations and invitations. Of course, I always come up with these insane ideas for decorations and invitations that I can never find in a store, so I end up making them myself. I'll admit that I may have seen some of these ideas on Pinterest :)


The Invitation
(Read my blog about creating this invitation here: DIY Burlap Invitations)

Hot glue a strip of burlap and a strip of lace around a mason jar.  

Fill mason jars with flowers for cute, rustic centerpieces!

We used simple white tablecloths with strips of burlap as table runners. 

Painted burlap as a sign to hang on the front door


I used scraps of burlap and lace trim to make a banner for the mantle. 

You can get a simple frame and put a piece of burlap instead of a picture in it. Then use it as a dry erase board for guests to write messages to the bride and groom! Great alternative to a traditional guest book. 

Photos from all the engagement party fun coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! One of my best friends had a simple southern wedding and used a lot of similar DIY burlap decorations. It was A LOT of work but we had a good time putting it all together and in the end it was SO cute :) Loving your ideas!

    ReplyDelete