Monday, October 10, 2011

Bat Mitzvah

Now, on to Part 2 of our Colorado trip. Saturday afternoon finally brought us to the occasion that we traveled all the way to Colorado for. Time for some Bat Mitzvah celebration!


Seeing as how I attended a private (non-religious) middle school, I had numerous Jewish classmates. Meaning, I have been to my fair share of Bat/Bar Mitzvah celebrations in my day. I always loved going to them because they were always so much fun and interesting to experience something so different than what I was used to in my religion. So the last Bat/Bar Mitzvah I attended was when I was in the 8th grade and I thought that was fun...well, I have been seriously missing out. If you think attending a Bat/Bar Mitzvah is fun as a kid, you need to attend one as an adult. It's even better than wedding because it is perfectly acceptable to act like a 13 year old and drink at the same time. Luckily, Jared still has additional younger cousins so I have multiple Bar Mitzvahs in my future :)

Kelli's Bat Mitzvah ceremony was outside on a deck with a great view of the mountains in the background. It was quite windy outside, but she did an excellent job.


Jared and I with his mom and sister


Jared's grandma with all her grandkids


After the ceremony, it was time for the celebrating to begin! We were particularly excited to get to participate in all the Jewish traditions.

I did not go up in the chair, but my mother-in-law did! And Jared had to be one of guys lifting all these different people up in the chair, lucky him...


Our family got to light one of ceremonial candles...



Then, it was time to kick off our heels and start dancing...






We had way too much fun at the Bat Mitzvah. I was sad that Jared and I had to get up the next morning, get on a plane and head back to Jacksonville. Luckily, we were able to enjoy a little of the Sunday morning brunch before heading to the airport.  


I was very sad to leave our fun weekend, but hopefully we will make it out to Colorado again soon...maybe for some snow skiing next time :) It was truly a fantastic weekend. Mazel Tov Kelli! 


1 comment: