Saturday, October 8, 2011

Higher Education

I may be a teacher, but oh do I hate going to school. Teaching a class is fine, but attending class is a completely different animal. While I do miss college sometimes, I definitely do not miss the education part. Some people just love going to school, they keep going back and getting more and more degrees because they love going to school. I'm pretty sure that a Bachelor's is about as far as I'm ever going to get. Especially since acquiring a higher degree won't increase my salary that much in my school district. Therefore, I'm not really sure that it is worth the money or the effort for me to simply hang another diploma on my wall.

But this post isn't about me and my lack of motivation for higher education...it is actually about my husband, the one with the motivation. My hubby has been tossing around the idea of getting his MBA ever since he graduated from undergrad, but since you need work experience to apply to a MBA program he kind of put that goal on the back burner. About a month ago, he just randomly decided that he wanted to go ahead and apply to FSU for their MBA program. He didn't have time to retake the GMAT or anything, so he applied using his old GMAT score from undergrad just to see if he could get in.

Last night, the FSU College of Business emailed him and offered him acceptance into their MBA program in the spring! I'm so proud of him for getting in and I know he'll be a great asset to their MBA program because he is such a smartie! He'll be completing the online MBA program; obviously, since we don't live in Tallahassee. The best part is that this program is going to be completely free; his company is paying for it. Quite a sweet deal if you ask me.

So today, we will be celebrating my hubby's accomplishment and cheering on our Seminoles. Happy Gameday and Go Noles!

3 comments: