Sunday, October 9, 2011

Colorado

Last weekend, we ventured to Colorado for Jared's cousin's Bat Mitzvah. I've decided to break this trip up into two posts because there are so many pictures and stories to tell. So this first post will be all about the pre-Bat Mitzvah festivities.

Jared's aunt (his mom's sister) and her family live right outside of Denver, Colorado in Highlands Ranch. I love going to visit places out West because the surroundings are completely different than what I get to experience on a daily basis and there is no humidity, so no frizzy hair yay! His second oldest cousin, Kelli, was the reason for our celebration.

Jared, Erika (my sister-in-law) and I flew out to Colorado on Friday and arrived just in time for the festivities to begin. Airports are such a pain these days and both of our flights were less than pleasant, so we were really excited to finally get to Colorado.

Upon our arrival, we headed to Jared's aunt and uncle's house where we were all staying for the weekend. We had to quickly change and get ready for the "out of town guests" dinner on Friday night.



We had a great time at the dinner and it was wonderful to get to spend time with Jared's extended family because we do not get to see them very often.


I finally got to meet one of Jared's other aunts who I had never met before. 
She also happens to be a Phi Mu!


After dinner, we went back to the house for some family fun on the basketball court in their backyard. We played this game called "lightning wiffleball" and we had so much fun!


The game got pretty intense and I got injured of course, but I kept on playing. Take my advice: playing sports in UGG slippers is not advisable. Here is a photo of my knee after my first fall...yes, I fell more than once. By the end of the game I was bleeding from both knees, one elbow and the front and back of both hands. But it was worth it because my team won!!


Seeing as how I feel down a lot and that was the most vigorous activity I had done in months, I was really sore when I woke up the next morning. However, I instantly felt better because my mother-in-law made us breakfast cocktails and this is what I got to wake up to...


Jared's aunt gave Erika and I haircuts on the patio...free haircut with a view! What a deal  :)


Then, my mother-in-law and I lounged on the patio with our cocktails enjoying the view...


As you might notice in this photo, it was sunny and warm outside. I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. This was only a week ago...currently, this exact spot that we are sitting in is covered in snow. 

After lounging around enjoying the beautiful weather for most of the day, it was finally time to get ready for the big event! 

Coming up in Part 2...the Bat Mitzvah!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time! I love Colorado, it is so beautiful! I hope to go back one day! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete