Sunday, October 30, 2011

Persistence

I have finally joined the rest of the universe and got an iPhone. It was a difficult process...as is everything I try to do, but I finally have it and I am in love. Introducing my new phone...ta da


Of course anytime that I have to deal with a customer service representative, there is always a humorous story to follow. I acquired my knack for dealing with idiots from my mother. I used to get embarrassed and think she was crazy when I was a kid and she would put idiotic people in their place. Now, I totally understand why she does what she does. People are so irritating.

Let's start from the beginning...I pre-ordered my phone on the first day it was available for pre-order which was October 7th. Well 3 weeks later, I still didn't have my phone..surprise, surprise. Jared's phone arrived a few days before mine did so I had already seen how the process worked. You can track your order online and it will show you when it is delivered to the store. Obviously, I was constantly checking online to see if my phone had shipped yet.

On Thursday afternoon, I checked online and it said that my phone had shipped and would be delivered no later than 3pm on Friday. I was ecstatic!

I got off work on Friday around 3 and headed over to the AT&T store. I tried to check my order status on my phone to make sure that it was delivered, but since my old phone only had super ghetto internet I couldn't look at it. I decided to call the store to check. Some bitchy girl answered the phone and did not seem too excited about assisting me with my problem. She put me on hold while she went to look for my phone in the stock room and ended up telling me that my phone had not arrived yet. I decided that I didn't trust that stupid girl so I was going to go to the store anyways and see for myself.

Upon arriving at the store, I realized that I had asked the girl on the phone to look for a phone under my name when the account is actually in my mom's name. Maybe that's why she didn't find the phone initially. I talk to another delightful individual who's job is to check you in when you arrive at the store. I tell her the story and she immediately tells me that they have not had any deliveries today. I ask her to please go check anyway. She gives me an attitude, but goes and looks for me. She and her attitude return and assure me that my phone is not there. Now I'm really pissed because the website said that it would be there on Friday and I had already got myself all excited about it. Grrr

I go out to my car and decide that I'm not giving up yet because I still think that both of those girls in the store are idiots. I call my bestie, Casey, to enlist her assistance is bringing down the stupidity inside AT&T. I have her log into my account online to check the status of my phone. And what do you know, my phone was delivered and signed for at 12:49 that afternoon by the AT&T store...well, isn't that convenient. So now what do I do? I have already had 2 different people tell me that the phone wasn't there, but the computer says that it is. I'm pretty sure that the people in the store already think I'm crazy, but I really want my phone...now.

I don't want to go back into the store and cause a scene without any validation that I am correct, so I call the store from my car and pray that I get to talk to someone other than the 2 girls I've already dealt with. A man answers the phone and I tell him that the online order status says that my phone was delivered to the store and so I just wanted to call and make sure it was there :) About 2 minutes later, he comes back on the line and says that my phone is there whenever I would like to come pick it up. Well how about that.

Now, I have to go back into the store and face the 2 girls that already think I'm crazy and give them a piece of my mind. Back inside the store, Miss Bad Attitude #1 that signs people in gives me the stink eye when I walk through the door. She says, "is there something ELSE I can help you with?" I tell her that I actually just spoke with a gentleman from this store and he told me that my phone is indeed here, so I would like to get it now please. She scowls at me and puts my name on the little sign in sheet.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, one of the service representatives calls my name. And wouldn't you know it...it's Miss Bad Attitude #2 who was so pleasant to me on the phone the first time I called. She gets real snippy and tells me, "I already told you that your phone is not here". So I said, "well the gentleman I spoke to on the phone 15 minutes ago seems to think otherwise, so maybe you should go check again." A few minutes later, she emerges from the back with a box in hand. She should have quit while she was ahead, but she has the audacity to say, "well this wasn't back there when I checked the first time". So of course I have to throw in, "actually it probably was since it's been back there since it was delivered at 12:49 this afternoon. She looks at me with a pissed off face and doesn't say anything.

As I walk out of the AT&T store with my new phone, I get a text message from AT&T. It's a survey asking me to rate my recent experience with their service representatives. Well I'd be happy too of course...I'd be just delighted to include the names of the ladies I spoke with at the store as well as how rude and difficult they made my Friday afternoon. Perhaps their store manager will give them the attitude adjustment they need :)

Thankfully, my persistence paid off and I have been enjoying my new phone ever since!


2 comments:

  1. I HATE dealing with people. Lol

    At least you finally got it! Are you sooo in love with it? Do you have instagram?

    ReplyDelete