About 3 weeks ago, I wrote this blog post Lazy Daze about how my hubby was starting a new diet and how I was actually going to start exercising. Well, for the past 3 weeks we have been doing just that! We have been taking our dogs for a nice long power walk at night Monday-Thursday. Exercising 4 days a week...that's the most I have done in a long time. Plus, I have now graduated from power walking. Hold on to your seats for this one...
I have taken up running.
Yes, running. The girl who runs 50 yards with about as much ease as an obese, asthmatic kid has taken up running. I have absolutely no shame in admitting that I cannot run a mile. Currently, I can run about half a mile without slowing down to a walking pace. This is why I was a dancer and didn't play sports, too much running.
So this week, Jared and I have been doing our regular power walk and instead of walking the entire route, we run part of it. Now of course we have to break up the running into half mile intervals or I will fall over and die, but eventually the goal is to increase the amount of running we do on our route and decrease the amount of walking.
We'll see how this works out. Last year, I took up running for about a week and then quit. However, this time Jared is doing it with me so I have other motivation besides myself. We all know that I have no will power and Jared has a lot so hopefully he can keep me on track. My goal is to run a 5k sometime here in the next couple months. There is seriously a 5k like every weekend here in Jacksonville so when I feel ready, I'll just sign up for one.
If I get back on here in a couple days and tell you that I have quit, you have to yell at me, ok?
PS - It's finally getting chilly outside here! I'm super excited :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I need to start working out soon and running...which I hate, but I'll like the end results more...
ReplyDeleteI've heard a lot about the couch to 5K program, have you checked it out?
ReplyDeleteGo you!! And I was going to suggest the Couch to 5K program too. I used it and loved it (and I hate running).
ReplyDelete