I am the laziest person on the face of this planet, seriously...call my mom and ask her. When I was a kid, I used to get into intense disagreements with my mom about how pointless making the bed was. I didn't think that making the bed was worth my effort because I was just going to get back in the thing in like 15 hours. What was the point? I had to make my bed everyday and I would whine and complain about it like she was making me chop my own arms off...why didn't I just shut up and make the damn bed? Because I'm lazy. If something does not give me a significant reward or consequence, I won't do it. Do you know how many times I've made my bed since I got married two and a half years ago? Twice.
My absolute laziest habit is my lack of exercise. The last time I stepped into a gym was 4 years ago. Well, of course you don't need a gym to exercise, but that's not the reason why I don't exercise. Like I said before, if something doesn't give me a significant reward or consequence, then I don't do it. Prime example: exercise. If I worked out everyday, I would probably feel a little more energized and look a little more toned but that is about it. I've been getting away with not exercising for years now, and I'm still a size 4. I know you're probably wanting to hit me in the face right now, but that's the truth. It's a blessing and a curse.
People keep telling me that keeping my figure is easy right now, but when I hit 25 that will all start to go away. Well, I am about 6 months away from 25 and guess what happened to me last week...on two separate occasions, a student told me that I looked pregnant. Two different students, in two different classes. So first, I had to explain to these students a little social etiquette regarding things not to say to other people...like that they look pregnant. The 2nd student that said it to me is probably a solid 50 pounds heavier than I am so not only was I in complete shock that this had now occurred twice in the same week, but I was thinking to myself, "you've got a lot of damn nerve".
Anyways, the long winded point here is that I have decided that I need to start exercising. If for no other reason than the fact that I need to stop being the unhealthiest 24 year old on Earth. I have tried a number of times to commit to an exercise regimen and I always fail miserably after like 5 days. I figured out that it is because I try to take on too much too soon and my laziness sets in, so I just quit altogether. So I am going to keep it simple. I'm going to try and do something quick and easy at least 4 days a week, like taking my dogs for a power walk or riding my bike. Honestly, with my super metabolism the tiniest bit of exercise will probably make a difference. I figure something is better than nothing.
So I am starting tonight by taking my dogs on a power walk. While that may not sound like strenuous exercise, you haven't met my dogs. They are each 55+ pounds and they suck at walking on a leash. They are constantly pulling and going super fast, so I am hoping that this will be good for both of us. I can get some exercise and Sadie and Lola can improve their leash behavior.
Of course, with any new project or goal I create for myself I have to blog about it. So I'll be posting updates about my progress. If I post at the end of the week that I didn't exercise that week, you have to yell at me. Ok, promise? Here goes nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am trying so hard to get back in to exercising! Let's motivate each other!
ReplyDelete