Sunday, October 23, 2011

FSU vs. Maryland

After 5 weeks away from our beloved Tallahassee, we finally got to return for a home game! My mother-in-law, Gina, came in town for the game as well and luckily we were able to celebrate another Seminole victory! 


We drove to Tallahassee on Friday after work and headed straight to Ken’s. We like to go to Ken’s early now because #1 we are officially old people and #2 we like to get the hell out of there before all the skanky freshmen show up. Our stay at Ken’s was brief, but it’s still my favorite way to kick off a home game weekend.


We spent the rest of the evening at the house enjoying our first bonfire of the season!


Saturday morning we woke up to a perfect fall day. We settled into our regular tailgating spot on the top deck of the medical school parking garage for the traditional football festivities.


I even go to meet the newest edition to my Phi Mu family, Christin!


Closer to game time, I ventured down to my Phi Mu family’s tailgate spot. We almost had the entire family line there! Sadly, we were missing Elisa, but it was still fun to have 6 generations of the family altogether :)



Once we got into the stadium, the beautiful fall weather had disappeared and the typical Florida heat had set in. We managed to tolerate the heat for the first half of the game, but at halftime we were in dire need of a new plan.


We managed to sneak into some seats on the opposite side of the stadium…the shady side :) The weather on that side of the stadium was glorious. 


During the 4th quarter, Kristin, Brittany, Gina and I were getting tired so we decided to head back to the truck early to recommence our beer drinking. It was quite a special occasion because Gina and I shot gunned a beer for the first time ever together. Yes, I am 24 years old and I have never shot gunned a beer before…up until yesterday.


The ‘Noles pulled out quite a victory over Maryland 41-16, so needless to say it was a great gameday! After the game, everyone else joined us back at the tailgating spot for some post-game celebration which of course involved a 90s dance party.


It was a great weekend and I really hope that this chilly weather decides to stick around! Go 'Noles!


2 comments:

  1. I love Kens, too! :) And I can completely agree with leaving before the skanky freshmen show up! Clearly we were the classy freshies back in our day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete