Friday, February 3, 2012

Confessional Friday

Thank goodness it's Friday! And thank goodness for this Confessional Friday link-up. Last week, Leslie had to skip posting the link-up and I seriously felt like part of my weekend was missing. I absolutely love being able to vent about everything that happened in the past week on this post. So of course, I am very excited about confessing today :)


Here are this week's confessions...

1. I had jury duty on Tuesday and it was so cool. I feel like such a nerd for saying that, but I found it absolutely fascinating. I got to serve on the jury for a criminal case and I even got to be the person that delivers the verdict. It was a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate doing it again. So don't be annoyed when you get called for jury duty because it's actually pretty interesting.

2. After serving on a jury for a criminal trial, I realized that there are truly some straight up crazy people in this world.

3. Jared and I went out for a spontaneous date night on Wednesday to Carrabbas and it was awesome. Exactly what I needed to help me get through the rest of the week.

4. I have not graded a single paper all week. I know, shame on me! Don't call the authorities on me just yet, I'll catch up on my grading tomorrow.

5. We had an in-school basketball game at school yesterday and it just reminded me of how much I enjoy teaching a secondary grade level. I love getting to see my former and current students participating in all the activites and really enjoying the school spirit. Yesterday, I got to see some of my former students play in the game, cheer and dance and play on the drum line. (Yes, my middle school has a drum line...because we're that awesome)

6. Some of my students did not know what Groundhog Day was...Bless their little hearts.

7. Did anyone else watch Gossip Girl this week? It was insane. Literally insane. Sorry Blair, but I'm still Team Chuck Bass.

8. My Essie nail polish addiction is getting out of control.

9. I ate in a sit-down restaurant alone for the first time in my life. On Tuesday when I had jury duty, we got a 1.5 hour lunch break and there aren't too many places around the courthouse to eat. There is an Irish pub down the road that has the best reubens ever and I was totally craving one. However, it's a sit-down restaurant and I didn't have anyone to go eat with. Well, I decided to go anyway. It was packed, but I still bravely took my table for one and thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. It was very liberating :)

2 comments:

  1. Aren't weekday dates the best?!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been summoned for Jury Duty three times. Twice I was a student so that excused me, and the last time I wasn't even living in that state any more!!

    ReplyDelete